Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Is this a fitness app, or dating site?

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    @MuscleAndMascara come back. I changed my picture for you.

Can it still be both now?
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    johnnyr333 wrote: »
    Sexercise

First post ever, and you came in strong. Great job buddy.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    After some observation in the forums and whatnot, I've come to this conclusion:
    I think people get the perception that it's a dating site, for this reason. From a guys perspective, follow my logic. Talks to a woman on here who maybe is trying to shed a few pounds. They probably feel vulnerable, insecure etc. and some creepy people see that and kinda use that as their "in"....it feels like match.com or AM...but with fitness and calorie counting.
    I never heard of Kik before joining MFP. Don't get me wrong, I have female friends on here, and they're just that. Friends...I'm not here to hook up....

@jamespfinnen I agree. I only opened up one forum (not this chit chat one) and it only took me a second to see where it was going. That's why I posted in this one, and it seems most agree. You're absolutely right about women feeling vulnerable and using this to validate themselves. It's really sad.
    On the other hand, this could be a great place to meet someone if that's what you're looking for.
    I've never used Kik and hadn't heard of it until this thread. Still not even sure what it is but I think I get the jist just by the conversations.

we can three way kik and make it kinky

I'll pass. Not because I'm calling you ugly, I'm just not here looking for love but hey, looks like @synchkat is!

Um....ok, I wasn't aware of that but thanks for letting me know

Uh, and if you don't know, now you know, ni--a!, uh
    You know very well who you are
    Don't let em hold you down, reach for the stars
    You had a goal, but not that many
    'cause you're the only one I'll give you good and plenty
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    kchuskey wrote: »
    johnnyr333 wrote: »
    Sexercise

First post ever, and you came in strong. Great job buddy.

Perhaps he's just a man looking for love!
  • synchkat
    Options
    I think people get the perception that it's a dating site, for this reason. From a guys perspective, follow my logic. Talks to a woman on here who maybe is trying to shed a few pounds. They probably feel vulnerable, insecure etc. and some creepy people see that and kinda use that as their "in"....it feels like match.com or AM...but with fitness and calorie counting.
    I never heard of Kik before joining MFP. Don't get me wrong, I have female friends on here, and they're just that. Friends...I'm not here to hook up....

@jamespfinnen I agree. I only opened up one forum (not this chit chat one) and it only took me a second to see where it was going. That's why I posted in this one, and it seems most agree. You're absolutely right about women feeling vulnerable and using this to validate themselves. It's really sad.
    On the other hand, this could be a great place to meet someone if that's what you're looking for.
    I've never used Kik and hadn't heard of it until this thread. Still not even sure what it is but I think I get the jist just by the conversations.

I'll pass. Not because I'm calling you ugly, I'm just not here looking for love but hey, looks like @synchkat is!

Wow...you're cuckoo
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options

Wow...you're cuckoo

i was just singing one of Biggies songs~ felt like it would help, guess not :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Couldn't tell by all these "rate me" posts!
    Back to my cardio sesh lol

So is a bar a place to drink and have fun, or a place to find dates?
    Is a church a place of worship and fellowship, or can you find someone to date there?
    What about a grocery store...a gym...school...etc?

In most cases, everywhere is somewhere people try to meet like minded people.

Shesh lol
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Couldn't tell by all these "rate me" posts!
    Back to my cardio sesh lol

So is a bar a place to drink and have fun, or a place to find dates?
    Is a church a place of worship and fellowship, or can you find someone to date there?
    What about a grocery store...a gym...school...etc?

In most cases, everywhere is somewhere people try to meet like minded people.

Shesh lol

i tried the church thing once, also the bar, also the grocery store, school....yeah im still single.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I"m looking for love @JeffreyMGiron help my find LOVE!!! geez I thought I Was the only one who didn't know
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I"m looking for love @JeffreyMGiron help my find LOVE!!! geez I thought I Was the only one who didn't know

Your true love awaits you on one of the "person above you" threads @synchkat !

• JeffreyMGiron
    Options

sometimes i read what you post and i want to understand but i feel you mistyped something and i want you to clear it up before i respond hahaha.
  • synchkat
    Options

sometimes i read what you post and i want to understand but i feel you mistyped something and i want you to clear it up before i respond hahaha.

me not my. you must learn to read Alisonese

and thanks @AskTracyAnnK28 it's good to know this isn't all about fitness
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options

Slowly i will understand give me a few days, i shall be a pro in Alisonese.

I thought you just loved all your friends? isnt that enough :(
  • synchkat
    Options

I do love all my friends cause they are the awesomest peeps around
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options

I do love all my friends cause they are the awesomest peeps around

you the most awesomestest though!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    For someone to think those posts provides self esteem and validation is quite naive I would say. I thought thought this forum was all about fun, but I guess it's where some feel the need to pass judgement. My thoughts on a site like this is to build each other up and motivate the others to do better. I guess that means I'm trying to date EVERYONE that I will never meet! LMAO!! :expressionless:
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm still here for the dates. And the self esteem. Neither of which I can find lol
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    I'm still here for the dates. And the self esteem. Neither of which I can find lol

i asked you out twice now, im just a diamond in the rough i swear!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »

Didn't you previously say you were here for the sex?