tattoo for lower back

Options
m76b
m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
any ideas please?? I am looking for a good one, but is very hard to decide.... :wink:

this one?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvQZinf8tR5hqUtJ_rSNau-LBfJp4ai_VyJLJyjChmIekQz2nx

or this one?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkPmMkvk1ThiCZAt4ovgDR3Iw27Gmp51SNV_Cz0RAXROLIlg4prQ

or if u have another one... show me please!

Replies

• LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Choose whichever one you like best and would be happy having on your body for the rest of your life - unless you decide to have it removed, of course.
    Think long and think hard, because I made a mistake with my first one and just had it covered up.
    If I'm being honest about those two, I really dislike them, but that is because they are uninspiring and from a flash card. Go to a good artist, give them an idea of what you want, what you like, who you are, and let them design something uniquely you, that nobody else will have!
  • AmandaJCole13
    Options
    TRAMP STAMP!!!!
  • AmandaJCole13
    Options
    Lol...kidding.
    The second one of my fave. Are you looking for butterflies or open to other things as well?
  • m76b
    Options
    well.. the idea about an uniquely is a good one!! I think I can go to the artist and ask him about it! good point! Thanks girl! :drinker:
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    And remember in 20 years it will settle down on your butt
    :)
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    TRAMP STAMP!!!!

My sentiment exactly.

If any i'd go for the first.
  • m76b
    Options
    TRAMP STAMP!!!!

you evil!! hahha!!

yeah I like butterflies !! but Im open to see more designs!!
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    They're cool, but tramp stamps

:/
  • ton40orbust
    ton40orbust Posts: 155
    Options
    I have butterfly on a red rose on my lower back. I went to my artist and he drew it up for me. I really think you should go to an artist have one drawn up that is unique to you. It may cost a little more for the drawing but its better in the long run as you're less likely to regret it.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I like them both :). I've been searching Pinterest for ideas because I want a butterfly as well.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you're picking between the two, I'd tend toward the more symmetrical one :) So the first!
  • m76b
    Options
    yes... im thinking the same thing!! I never had a tattoo before so I know nothing about it! but I think that is a good idea! thanks!

but I also like those! :wink:
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    well.. the idea about an uniquely is a good one!! I think I can go to the artist and ask him about it! good point! Thanks girl! :drinker:

You're welcome! Have a look at artists in your area, see their previous work and ask what brand of ink they use and look it up online - you don't want them using something cheap that'll just bleed and fade. Go to an artist with an understanding of delicate, feminine tattoos, if you're going for that style. All artists have a different style of inking, from old school to nu school to watercolour to graffiti style, there are so many styles of tattoo out there these days! Shop around until you find someone whose work you love!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Design your own, one that will mean something to you. I had a Garfield tat done on my left shoulder a long time ago, when my now 29 year old was a babe & the artist (using that term lightly) that did it wasn't very good, and Garfield always looked a little 'off'. Had it covered up last summer using one of Charlie Petty's design from Best Ink, season 1. I fell in love with her rose butterfly, and had it done in shades of purple & pink in honor of my granddaughter. I love it & she knows it is 'her' tattoo ~ she looks at it all the time!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong at all with tramp stamps, they are actually a very ideal place for a tattoo. (that location doesn't sag, is pretty resistant to stretch marks and weight gain back there in the small of your back, stays out of direct sunlight so no need to worry about fading, easy to cover up when meeting the in-laws for the first time, lol)

And I think that little peek-a-boo of ink flashing when you bend over and your shirt hikes up a little is very sexy. :) The only down side is that it is VERY painful back there, right up against the bone. At least mine was, it was terrible. And I have a very high pain threshold.

I would advise against one of those "flash" images that you posted, though. They are trite, overdone, and impersonal. I agree with an above poster, have something designed that means something to you personally. If you get it "just cuz it's pretty". you are much more likely to get tired of it and regret it in later years. Find something that is deeply significant to you, and you will l love it forever.

Here's mine. It was done in '06 and I still really like it because the five-petaled rose symbolizes so many beautiful things. And I love the color pink. :)

20130629_104843_zpscd895fff.jpg

04407875-98c5-4438-99b8-9e95e2a1e6de_zpsf5048e80.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I've always thought an arrow would be really cool there.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are cool.........................with the exception on the low back IMO. Something about having it just be skin is so appealing. I guess it's because so many are getting low back tattoos now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Tramp Stamp skip it.
  • m76b
    Options
    ok!! thanks AlongCame_Mol !! it is a beautiful flower!! I am looking now for something with meaning... I think I will take my time to think about something important... probably my kids or my mother

Ninerbuff, thanks!! I would like one on my shoulder but I do think lower back is a good place! :wink:
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Standard tramp stamp - If you're going to get a tramp stamp have the artist create something just for you.