tattoo for lower back

Options

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I'd show off mine, but I'm a guy and people would make fun of me for having one there.

(I really don't have one there)
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I always thought that was a good spot to print the sports page.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I'd show off mine, but I'm a guy and people would make fun of me for having one there.

LOL!:laugh:
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've always thought an arrow would be really cool there.

Pointing down, with the words "Exit Only"
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have an artist draw something that looks like an incision with ragged edges and a zombie trying to claw its way out. :devil:
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I got my "tramp stamp" 15yrs ago... I had no idea thats what it was called though LoL it was my first tattoo and the spot where I wanted to put it. Its a custom design that means a lot to me, and I still love it, even though I rarely get to see it ;)

I agree with others about going for something personal that means something to you, but Im biased, because both of my tattoos were custom made, one by a friend, and the other one I designed myself. I do know though there are a lot of people who get a tattoo just because they saw something and thought it was pretty, and hey nothing wrong with that either to be honest. Im not like a tattoo purist or anything LoL

As for the lower back, I say if thats where you want it, put it there. Honestly, I feel like so many women shoot for the ankle or breast,and with the stigma of having a tattoo on your lower back, fewer people are getting it there and being told *not* to do it, so in a way, you'll end up being more unique than not. personally, I think your body, your rules, out it wherever the heck you like.

As for pain, I was *so scared* about the pain, but turns out, I didnt feel hardly anything right on the spine...its not til it got to the areas about 2 inches on either side of my spine that hurt. Remember, bones dont feel pain, nerves do! and Im guessing there are more nerve endings on each side cause that hurt so bad I was doing lamaze lol
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Don't get a tramp stamp at all. They're almost universally trashy-looking.

Sorry. No...I'm not sorry. It's the freaking truth.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I agree and save your money.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I agree and save your money.

^^^This
  • m76b
    Options
    I got my "tramp stamp" 15yrs ago... I had no idea thats what it was called though LoL it was my first tattoo and the spot where I wanted to put it. Its a custom design that means a lot to me, and I still love it, even though I rarely get to see it ;)

I agree with others about going for something personal that means something to you, but Im biased, because both of my tattoos were custom made, one by a friend, and the other one I designed myself. I do know though there are a lot of people who get a tattoo just because they saw something and thought it was pretty, and hey nothing wrong with that either to be honest. Im not like a tattoo purist or anything LoL

As for the lower back, I say if thats where you want it, put it there. Honestly, I feel like so many women shoot for the ankle or breast,and with the stigma of having a tattoo on your lower back, fewer people are getting it there and being told *not* to do it, so in a way, you'll end up being more unique than not. personally, I think your body, your rules, out it wherever the heck you like.

As for pain, I was *so scared* about the pain, but turns out, I didnt feel hardly anything right on the spine...its not til it got to the areas about 2 inches on either side of my spine that hurt. Remember, bones dont feel pain, nerves do! and Im guessing there are more nerve endings on each side cause that hurt so bad I was doing lamaze lol

thinking the same!! I want it there lol!! I will think about the design! but I do want some butterflies !! and I will practice the Lamaze again!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Benol and puda!! im looking for something with a meaning!! :) I never had a tattoo before, so I didn't know about the tramp stamp stuff !!!
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    get the first one and put some writing on it something for your man to read
  • m76b
    Options
    get the first one and put some writing on it something for your man to read

mmmm NO! its only mine! :laugh: but thanks for the idea! :flowerforyou:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

I know a guy that has one there. It says "Rude" in big old English letters.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Well it doesn't matter where you get it, it's gonna hurt. Some places a lot more then others.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

thinking the same!! I want it there lol!! I will think about the design! but I do want some butterflies !! and I will practice the Lamaze again!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Benol and puda!! im looking for something with a meaning!! :) I never had a tattoo before, so I didn't know about the tramp stamp stuff !!!

Im with you...I had NO idea...it was about 10yrs before someone told me I have a tramp stamp (and I said nooo its not a stamp, its a real tattoo! LMFAO!) , and even then I didnt get what it was supposed to mean until a few more months later when I was saying how someone stupidly called my tattoo a stamp, and they were like uhhh, and explained what a tramp stamp means.

It really just makes me think though, one has to really have their mind in the gutter to consider a part of the body trashy and say something like that to someone. It was then, and still is now, just the location of where my tat is. I dont think my body is trash so that whole thing that some people feel about their body or whatever names they describe how they feel about it doesnt really apply to me. =)

When it comes to tattoos, you really have to follow your heart, do whatever it is you want to do. last thing you want is 10yrs from now to say you wish you had done what you wanted to your body, instead of what someone who doesnt even have to look at you wanted for your body. Tats are way to permanent for that kind of nonsense. ;)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Have an artist draw something that looks like an incision with ragged edges and a zombie trying to claw its way out. :devil:

This.

8488541.png
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I designed my family logo. All four of us have the same tattoo. Four hands all around, connected by love, each hand with an icon for that person; dragonfly for Mel, eagle feather for her husband Mikal, bear paw for my husband, Bear, and the sun for me, who loves the Caribbean. It's a tattoo special to my family. You can see it in my profile picture.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    TRAMP STAMP!!!!

^
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Choose whichever one you like best and would be happy having on your body for the rest of your life - unless you decide to have it removed, of course.
    Think long and think hard, because I made a mistake with my first one and just had it covered up.
    If I'm being honest about those two, I really dislike them, but that is because they are uninspiring and from a flash card. Go to a good artist, give them an idea of what you want, what you like, who you are, and let them design something uniquely you, that nobody else will have!

SO MUCH THIS^^^^
    Go to a TRUE artist & get a custom design. NOT FLASH (meaning do NOT pick a pic off a wall. 4 million others will have the same lame thing)