ATTENTION BRIDES :-)

Options
Hello to any other wonderful Brides out there!

I have my wedding on September 9th, 2016 and looking for people who are in the same boat as me, looking to lose some weight before the big day and for me, before I begin trying on dresses!!! I have my engagement party in 3 weeks, so I am in full throttle exercise and eating healthy mode, completely motivated but it's always good to have support from other women; especially ones similar to me :smile:

I am hoping to lose about 10 kilograms (22 pounds) in total - if not a couple more! I felt my best when I was between 56 - 60kg (123 - 132 pounds) but I also have a bit of muscle on me and enjoy weight training. I am currently seeing a Personal Trainer once-twice per week and on a program including both cardio and weight training!

Add me ladies if you'd like to follow my progress and looking for some extra support!

Replies

• thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yay! Wedding weight loss! I'm getting married April 1, 2016! I'm trying to lose 15 more lbs by then (a total of 20-25 in all, and toning up)

I bought my dress in May. Yeah--11 months before the wedding. I tried on about 40 dresses at 5 different stores but I kept wanting to try on this particular one at David's Bridal. The issue was there were only two left in the whole country, and thankfully one was in my size about 80 miles away. So I went and bought it, and it aaaallllllmost fit. Just a bit snug. I attached the stock image.

Advice for trying on dresses? Take printed pictures of what you like. Be descriptive and have a NO WAY list. As in NO WAY would I consider strapless or poofy skirts or mermaid skirts. NO WAY did I want a white dress. I had a lot of sales people bring me things that were hideous to me but my pals liked them. So they said "ooooohhhhh pretty!" While I was miserable. Tell your friends that go with you about what you like and get them to help sway the sales people. It's a waste of time to try things on that you know you will hate. It helps to tell the staff "I've never liked the way _____ looks on me" so they get it that you know what flatters you. Consider how you look from the back. I have seen three friends get married last year and all wore strapless dresses. The issue is that no matter how thin you are, you often have to alter the bodice to fit snugly so it doesn't move too much. Then the fatty underarm/shoulder blade part oozes over the top and that's what they take pics of during the wedding. For that reason I chose a one shouldered dress. I can wear a legit bra, and it doesn't have to fit too snug to stay up. The issue is I'm a pear and it's snug on my hips. With spanx it'll fit better but I don't want to wear them if I don't have to.

When you go try on dresses, eat a low carb lunch and dinner the night before and breakfast the day of. Stay away from salt. Drink lots of water the day before and lots of coffee the day of. It helped to hydrate me overnight but the coffee made me pee (and poop!) a lot so I felt a little slimmer. Don't plan on eating a big lunch if you do a marathon dress shopping like I did. Small snacks like apples and cheese sticks and nuts will be good through the day. 9l85y9snk3vr.jpeg
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I recently got married in July and had a total weight loss of 50 pounds (the last 25 were within the year of my wedding). I ended up getting my size 10/12 (can't remember the exact size, but it was a sample) altered down to a 4/6 by the end. Feel free to add, although I'm not in the same boat now, I was just in it :smile:
  • cpaulino4
    cpaulino4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I also aim to lose for the big day. The day after mystery man popped thr question i knew i had to lose some blubber. I'm 5'2 and I weigh 138 lbs. I want to lose 20 pounds. Message/add me on here. It would be great if we could motivate each other.
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ash190489 wrote: »
    Hello to any other wonderful Brides out there!

We have similar stats! Also OMG I can reply to "Bride" threads! I'm a bride! Haha. I am getting married in November 2016 and want to lose 20 lbs as well. I'm 150 now and want to be 130 ish. I am athletic have quite a bit of muscle on me too. Good luck!