Low Carb Diet should i take psyllium fiber?

Options
So I eat low carb and i have lost 33 lbs so far my meal generally consist of a small amount of meat 3-5 oz normally chicken or fish and 1-3 cups of veggies such as broccoli,carrots,cauliflower,ect I am on a budget so i always use frozen veggies I actually dont like to eat raw veggies because they cause stomach pain I normally bake them . I have celiacs so no gluten I dont eat sugar, caffeine ,potato, rice, bread, corn ect. and I am noticing that I am having to strain to go now days so i am wondering if i should take a teaspoon of no sugar no gluten just plan psyllium fiber a day , but i read a lot of positive and negative stuff about it so now i have no clue if i should any one else having bathroom issues from low carb and what are you doing to help besides raw veggies please They hurt me :)

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Psyillium fibre hurt my stomach so much. Id guess that if raw veg hurts you then this would too. Try upping your fat intake or take a stool softener rather than a bulker.
  • tsroberts5
    tsroberts5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was told by doctor to use stool softener and up my water intake. I have the same issue as you and it has work wonders.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat in your diet? You don't want to be both low carb and low fat.
  • beeconeofhope
    beeconeofhope Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ohh I didn't know low carb need more fat I Also watch my fat intake and eat only lean meats I do use a lot of olive oil in cooking but I probably only eat about a teaspoon in a day accumulatively and I eat 1/4 cup of almounds or other nuts"raw" or edamane dry roasted other than that I eat small amounts of meat and large an unts of steamed vegetables . what is a healthy way to up the fat and still loose weight , people keep telling me that I am not eating enough in general I weigh 223 now and am allow according to mfp 1900 calories a day but I struggle to reach 1000 so I would love some good ideas about portions and types of food for a successful weight loss with low carb :)
    Are you getting enough fat in your diet? You don't want to be both low carb and low fat.

• beeconeofhope
    Options
    Psyillium fibre hurt my stomach so much. Id guess that if raw veg hurts you then this would too. Try upping your fat intake or take a stool softener rather than a bulker.
    Thank you for responding and Yeah I tryed half a dose last night and it helped me go but it did cause some pain and cramping I also felt bloated and my heart rate was higher. Which is how I react to gluten . it says gluten free but I am thinking it is just under 20 parts per million I am not good unless it is under 5-10 parts per million.. But I figured it was worth a try . my dad uses the stuff daily maybe I will just give it to him
  • beeconeofhope
    Options
    tsroberts5 wrote: »
    I was told by doctor to use stool softener and up my water intake. I have the same issue as you and it has work wonders.

Thank you .Very good idea will give this a try. I know I don't drink enough water I will be thirsty and get distracted and forget I was going for some water lol been working hard on more water I take :smile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ohh I didn't know low carb need more fat I Also watch my fat intake and eat only lean meats I do use a lot of olive oil in cooking but I probably only eat about a teaspoon in a day accumulatively and I eat 1/4 cup of almounds or other nuts"raw" or edamane dry roasted other than that I eat small amounts of meat and large an unts of steamed vegetables . what is a healthy way to up the fat and still loose weight , people keep telling me that I am not eating enough in general I weigh 223 now and am allow according to mfp 1900 calories a day but I struggle to reach 1000 so I would love some good ideas about portions and types of food for a successful weight loss with low carb :)

Low fat is why you are struggling. Nuts, nut butter, olive oil, avocado.....all healthy fats.
  • beeconeofhope
    Options

[/quote]

Low fat is why you are struggling. Nuts, nut butter, olive oil, avocado.....all healthy fats.[/quot]
    I will Incorporate more of these and see if it helps! Thank you so much I love avacados and all natural unsweetened peanut butter I just hardly ate them because the fats lol guess I should have listened to my body more
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You'll notice most seasoned low carbers here refer to it as "low carb, high fat, moderate protein".

Avocados, nuts, seeds, heavy whipping cream, butter are great sources of fats. and yes, if you're eating 1000 while MFP says to eat 1900, you're not eating enough. PLEASE consider joining the low carb group here. lot's of helpful information in their "launch pad".

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • beeconeofhope
    Options
    You'll notice most seasoned low carbers here refer to it as "low carb, high fat, moderate protein".

Avocados, nuts, seeds, heavy whipping cream, butter are great sources of fats. and yes, if you're eating 1000 while MFP says to eat 1900, you're not eating enough. PLEASE consider joining the low carb group here. lot's of helpful information in their "launch pad".

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    I will go. Check that out now. Thank-you .so it seems I had the low carb almost moderate meat just not the high good fats yay east fix . I hope to. Get better results with how I feel and weight loss soon thank you so much for everything when I had my lunch today I added ovil oil to my veggitables and cooked my salmon with a little butter and I am happy to say I actually feel much better already I was able to use the bathroom fine and I am not feeling fatigued you guys are life savers