Butt building workout?

Options

Replies

• uglybooty
    uglybooty Posts: 9
    Options
    How can it be made to be plump and round as opposed to looking flat. My butt shape is round with lots of hip and cellulite. I'd really like it to look plump and bubble like. Isn't it true that your butt has to have a good blend of fat and muscle to look more rounded? Does one have to focus on their butt shape to determine which exercises are best for their butt shape?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It's not the exercises, but the amount of volume and resistance along with calorie surplus. So I would say up to 16 to 24 sets.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

ignore this nonsense.
    no one should be doing 16 to 24 sets of anything.
    the weight you use should be challenging for you. 3-12reps is ideal, per set.
    you really shouldn't need endless sets. if it's the right weight you'll only be able to do 1-3 sets.
    make sure you warm up properly and stretch, use a foam roller after too.

16-24 sets of maybe 4-6 exercises isn't bad. That could include squats, stiff-DL's, lunges, leg press...

The man is a certified trainer.
  • uglybooty
    Options
    Maybe it is hard to believe, but a lot of the females that I've seen on Youtube vids who did the Brazilian Butt Lift end up having small/ flat looking butts.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is hard to believe, but a lot of the females that I've seen on Youtube vids who did the Brazilian Butt Lift end up having flat looking butts.

lmbo! and luv the screen name! Obviously, I'm lurking.
  • 1WomanWolfPack
    Options
    I think you either have a badonkadonk or you don't. You need to get that from yo momma. The rest is just making it less "sad looking".
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    bretcontreras.com
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    rocking body, booty ballet..dvds:drinker:
  • gege0404
    gege0404 Posts: 17
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, lunges of all sorts and hip thrusts/glute bridges. These must be performed with weights that are challenging for YOU. Forget those bodyweight exercises. Work lowerbody 2x/week with 3-4sets of 5 exercises for 8-12 reps. BE CONSISTENT AND PATIENT..........changes will come. Nutrition must be at a maintenance/surplus .. Oh, one last thing, CARBS ARE NOT THE ENEMY!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think you either have a badonkadonk or you don't. You need to get that from yo momma. The rest is just making it less "sad looking".

You could also get the booty genetics from your bio father's side of the family.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats and dead lift.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    you need to seek out the fighter diet gal, Pauline nordin... she has a butt bible and she will give it to you straight... she has an awesome *kitten* and everything else, check her out!!
  • Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have! I went from a large, flabby butt to a small saggy butt to a round, bootylicious one :D

There is a photo in my gallery that I can't post here as I'm in my underwear so it will get removed but have a look. Heavy squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges, romanians, glute ham raises and weighted hip thrusts built mine. Along with eating lots, of course :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I'm looking for the same thing. I notice people doing the Brazilian Butt Lift actually lose their booties. They look flat. I am looking for a way to lose weight and not lose the little butt that I do have as well as make it more round and plump.

It's quite the opposite for me. Brazil Butt Lift has done wonders on my behind! It's rounder and higher than ever! Don't dismiss the program without trying it (or even watching the whole videos to know what they are about). It's just a mix of tons of body squats, lunges and resistance training. It's convenient for those who don't/can't go the gym and it's fun.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    bretcontreras.com

Well, he is the glute guy!

He took a lot of heat for saying the squat isn't effective of a glute exercise as the hip thrust I believe.

He has an excellent article here: http://bretcontreras.com/growing-glutes-without-growing-the-legs/

Some women do get big quads from squatting which they find undesirable.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It's not the exercises, but the amount of volume and resistance along with calorie surplus. So I would say up to 16 to 24 sets.

IDEA Fitness member

ignore this nonsense.
    you really shouldn't need endless sets. if it's the right weight you'll only be able to do 1-3 sets.

do you know what hypertrophy is?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

ignore this nonsense.
    Nonsense? So how many people have you actually put muscle on?:wink: And think about it 2 exercises for biceps, 2 exercises for triceps for 4 sets each. That's 16 sets. Not excessive. Volume builds mass and if one is trying to do it, then 1-3 sets ain't gonna do it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • yogayug
    yogayug Posts: 15
    Options
    Provided that you're searching for a workout that keeps tabs on a particular figure part you're as of now doing it not right. A legitimate preparing regimen may as well verify the entire form is seeing fitting work. http://www.yogayug.com/
  • uglybooty
    Options
    bretcontreras.com
    Thanks
  • uglybooty
    Options
    I completely agree. I'm looking for the same thing. I notice people doing the Brazilian Butt Lift actually lose their booties. They look flat. I am looking for a way to lose weight and not lose the little butt that I do have as well as make it more round and plump.

It's quite the opposite for me. Brazil Butt Lift has done wonders on my behind! It's rounder and higher than ever! Don't dismiss the program without trying it (or even watching the whole videos to know what they are about). It's just a mix of tons of body squats, lunges and resistance training. It's convenient for those who don't/can't go the gym and it's fun.

Ok. Maybe it works for certain butt shapes. I'm starting to think that the shape of the butt may also indicate which exercises are more likely to build it up.
  • uglybooty
    Options
    Yes, I have! I went from a large, flabby butt to a small saggy butt to a round, bootylicious one :D

There is a photo in my gallery that I can't post here as I'm in my underwear so it will get removed but have a look. Heavy squats, deadlifts, step ups, lunges, romanians, glute ham raises and weighted hip thrusts built mine. Along with eating lots, of course :)
    I'd say yours is a success story. Congratz.