Are men who say they dislike "high maintenance women"...

Options
13»

Replies

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    A guy I was datings mother called me high maintenance once and it bothered me. Sorry I enjoy wearing makeup, getting my hair and nails done and smelling /looking nice... Your son funds none of that so idk what the big deal is. I'm sure some would find it annoying that it takes time to maintain all that but whatevs. I've never thought of a man as insecure for not liking it though.

That's not high maintenance, that's highly appreciated.

:) Good!!! I like to look / feel good but even better if someone appreciates the effort.

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    A guy I was datings mother called me high maintenance once and it bothered me. Sorry I enjoy wearing makeup, getting my hair and nails done and smelling /looking nice... Your son funds none of that so idk what the big deal is. I'm sure some would find it annoying that it takes time to maintain all that but whatevs. I've never thought of a man as insecure for not liking it though.

I guess a lot of people would call me high maintenance because I spend 1-2 hours in the gym 4-6 days a week. I only see things as high maintenance when you expect someone else to provide those things for you. If you provide them for yourself, I see that as enjoying the fruits of your labor. If anyone makes a comment about what I do, I just tell them that maybe I do spend too much time in the gym and too much money on supplements...but you should see me naked :wink:
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

I guess a lot of people would call me high maintenance because I spend 1-2 hours in the gym 4-6 days a week. I only see things as high maintenance when you expect someone else to provide those things for you. If you provide them for yourself, I see that as enjoying the fruits of your labor. If anyone makes a comment about what I do, I just tell them that maybe I do spend too much time in the gym and too much money on supplements...but you should see me naked :wink:

Hahaha I love that response!
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    A high maintenance person is someone who always possessive of your time or money or always demands your attention to the exclusion of every other thing in your life
    Makeup gym perfume clothes are always secondary although highmay women frequently demand more of those than other women
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Really just insecure about their own game?

No... just don't want to play theirs.