so many tears today

Options
2»

Replies

• arianafred
    arianafred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All of you guys are truly so amazing and have me all teary eyed. Thank you for helping me keep my head up and my mind right!!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    The important part of a workout is that it is challenging to you. The only person you need to "keep up with" is yourself. As you push your limits, you'll find those limits pretty rapidly expand.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself. I was at the gym 1-3 times a day for over 1.5 years and felt AWESOME! I just loved it so much. Then life interfered for awhile, medical issues, etc. Its been a few months and I have only worked out maybe 2-3 times a week at best since, and those were pretty unenthusiastic to say the least. I am ready now to ramp up again, but I know full well I will be totally pathetic in the begining. I need habit, though, so my goal for this coming week is to show up at the gym at my work at 5:30am every single day just like I did for so long. This is stage one. Once I get there, I can work out or take a nap - I dont care. Just showing up is going to be my victory. Once I make it through a week of showing up, stage 2 will be to at least walk the treadmill for 20 minutes every day. I can take a nap after if I want on the couch in the gym. Then I will go from there. I know for me the absolute most important thing is simply the habit of going, and once i get the "high" back it will get easier.

Today I am preparing by setting out my work and gym clothes for every day this week, and prepping food for the week. There is nothing that should prevent me from just rolling out of bed, throwing on laid out clothes and grabbing my work and lunch bag, I barely need to even wake up - just get out the door.

Give yourself a break. Make a reasonable, progressive plan, prep for it to make it as easy as possible, then do it. If you slip up, spend another week working on the habit side - whatever you got to do. It will happen - and the time is going to pass either way... so in 6 weeks, you could be rockin and rollin at the gym finally, or sitting on the couch eating your sorrows because you are upset with yourself. 6 weeks passes either way. There is no big rush on this - just start, however small.
  • soniamemms
    soniamemms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bet you are achieving more today, than you did when you first started. When I first started, I thought I would die on the elliptical in the first 5 minutes. Now I can go 45 minutes! It takes time and dedication! Over time it will be worth it, hang in there. Do not compare yourself to others at the gym. You don't know where they themselves have struggled. Don't compare yourself to anyone, except to who you were before you started. You can do it! If we can, then you can too!!
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I had a nickel for every tear I have shed in the past year of weight loss ups and downs I'd be a millionaire! It's ok it's an emotional process from the start! When I finally realized it was a problem I needed to solve I cried. For every time I felt too tired to keep up the fight I cried. For the times I looked in the mirror and told myself my life was worth the hard work there were more tears. When I could wear a bikini around my friends for the first time ever I cried tears of joy! Keep up the good work and stay strong it is so worth it and so are you!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    A Yoga teacher said the greatest thing " honor your body for what it can do"

That is a really good reminder, thank you.