Looking for ladies "tummy apron" success stories!

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It takes time to get there. Hang in and stick with it! It can get frustrating to not see progress day after day, but as long as you keep working towards it you will get there.
  • SakeeyaS
    SakeeyaS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being courageous enough to post pics. You guys really give me hope. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one going through this. Hopefully, I can start and stick to it this year. My problem was always giving up. I'm not doing that this year. [url="[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1230/1670/12301670.png[/img][/url]"][/url]12301670.png
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't have any photos of mine without my underwear covering it up. I'm confident mine won't reduce further without surgery.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ugh had to muster up some courage for this. Not sure if I can even tell a difference the more I look at the pics, but the top pics were taken in April 2015 (189lb) and the bottom pics taken in November 2015 (165lb)
    Maybe a little progress. I really wish I had taken pics like this at 250lb though.

ieayfrl24l80.jpeg

I've been in the same boat. My highest was 220 and when I was down to 161 I felt like it looked the same... and now that I've started taking photos.. after a month in, 7 pounds down, 2" down on hips, and 1.5" down on waist... my pics look like I'm the exact same. I don't get it.

My arms also stay the same size... even when increasing weights and feeling like I'm getting much stronger with Jillian videos.... ugh. But arms are another thing lol. I swear my worst areas just don't really want to change.
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    @star1407 aww, thank you :) I am very hard on myself.. I just want to see some change.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Honestly though, you have changed a lot. You're looking great xx
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of weight to lose and am also a little worried about the excess skin. I think maybe if you get some good products to moisturize your skin and then also wrap it tightly for a bit. One of my friends post-pregnancy had this black Velcro wrap she used and she had significantly less issues with her stomach than other friends. I have also thought about getting some of those It Works wraps or products to see if that would help (or maybe just oil and saran wrap would do LOL). I am willing to try those things before surgery since that is expensive and painful. Good luck!

save your money, the wraps are just temporary and wont give you any long lasting results because they dont burn fat or cause weight loss(mostly just water loss), also there is no pill,wrap,patch,etc that will help with the fat loss. eating at a caloric deficit is all thats needed along with a little patience. heavy lifting can help the appearance too as it will strengthen the muscles underneath the fat.and you wont lose as much lean muscle mass.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ive had 3 children and I had an apron I did....running, body strength work outs, I use micro needling I do it at home. I use firming lotion and they all combined helped my skin feel tighter and appear tighter too.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I had thought of posting for this too. Way to go ladies for all your hard work!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'll be checking back on this one regularly, great thread!

You're all fab! So much hard work, time, determination and effort, and it shows!
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    Thank you, @star1407 Much appreciated :)

@Yanicka1 WOW! You look incredible. I have heard that for most people, the "fold" hanging down is usually because there is still fat in there. I'm hoping that's the case for me. If I look close to how you look and have a bit of skin that doesn't look great, I will be thrilled!

Loving all the amazing people commenting and sharing photos. Thank you!!
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    Ive had 3 children and I had an apron I did....running, body strength work outs, I use micro needling I do it at home. I use firming lotion and they all combined helped my skin feel tighter and appear tighter too.

May I ask what kind of firming lotion?
  • Angelpecan
    Angelpecan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. It helps to see others like myself and to know IT IS possible to get that area flatter!
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @bsbprincess is like to see yours it won't let me pm you though)=
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @bsbprincess I just saw your sorry! Yours isn't bad at all!!! I started at 271 now I'm 254 I have a long way to go but it's shrinking. It still depresses me though.)= Also how do we do the split pics ?
  • CroneStar
    CroneStar Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Love this thread. I was just looking at my apron this morning and worrying about how I will look after I lose weight. Thanks for everyone that showed their picture. Makes me feel less abnormal.
  • bsbprincess
    Options
    @bsbprincess I just saw your sorry! Yours isn't bad at all!!! I started at 271 now I'm 254 I have a long way to go but it's shrinking. It still depresses me though.)= Also how do we do the split pics ?

Awww thanks, dear :)

I made this on my phone with an app called pic stitch.

@CroneStar I know what you mean. I almost feel like this doesn't get talked about enough cause it's so embarrassing for us, but sharing and talking about it gives each other hope. Love that :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!