Looking for ladies "tummy apron" success stories!

Replies

• bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    @Shull_rachael I totally see it! Awesome job, and thanks so much for sharing!
  • bsbprincess
    Here is my progress. Its only a 4 month difference. They say abs are made in the kitchen.. well, with me now tracking my macros, i sure hope so. Next step is heavy lifting. Currently am only doing home workouts from youtube. Good luck!! You got this!! 7vuhqaoqgq0g.jpg
    36wzbdr209qh.jpg

Woooow!!!! You look awesome!!! So much progress there
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    I don't have any pictures to show but I will tell you this:
    I used to weigh at least 307 pounds (my last recorded weight before I stopped weighing myself) and in the winter when my hands got cold I was able to warm them up by sticking them both of under my belly apron WHILE WEARING TRAINERS and they used to fully fit with extra (not in public of course that would look weird). That's how bad it was. 3 winters later I am unable to do that anymore.

I know I will end up with loose skin, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I would end up with a few feet of skin hanging down my belly, but you will be surprised how much smaller it gets once the fat filling it is reduced. It will take time and you may end up with loose skin, but it's not nearly as bad or as noticeable as you imagine it to be.

@amusedmonkey, fantastic NSV right there! :smiley:
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Fursian wrote: »
    I don't have any pictures to show but I will tell you this:
    I used to weigh at least 307 pounds (my last recorded weight before I stopped weighing myself) and in the winter when my hands got cold I was able to warm them up by sticking them both of under my belly apron WHILE WEARING TRAINERS and they used to fully fit with extra (not in public of course that would look weird). That's how bad it was. 3 winters later I am unable to do that anymore.

I know I will end up with loose skin, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I would end up with a few feet of skin hanging down my belly, but you will be surprised how much smaller it gets once the fat filling it is reduced. It will take time and you may end up with loose skin, but it's not nearly as bad or as noticeable as you imagine it to be.

@amusedmonkey, fantastic NSV right there! :smiley:

Thank you. Just noticed something silly. Trainers here mean lounging pants, apparently they mean shoes elsewhere haha!

Lol yes I'm British and got a bit confused for a minute! Ha ha. Great improvement
  • bsbprincess
    Thanks for sharing your experience! That is so cool!!! Looking forward to serious changes
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    I'm noticing my stretch marks fading. Has anyone else had this happen? I didn't know it could
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Skin, regardless of gender, stretches the same.

Really? I guess that you are taking from experience. How many kids did you have and big where the babies???
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    thank you. Nice, real, post!
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    I thank everyone for showing their pictures, very inspiring. OP, you're still young and that's on your side. Your skin still has elasticity. Continue to lose slowly and steady, from what I've read that seems to help. I've noticed my "Mum tum" slowly deflating. I suspect it will never completely go away because of my age. Keep at it and good luck!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    I use Nivea firming with q10 it makes my skin look and feel amazing.
  • bsbprincess
    Thanks @farmerpam1 :) I'm only losing about a pound per week, so I hope that will help.

@galprincess good to know! I'll look for it, thank you!
  • TrishAndGirls
    TrishAndGirls Posts: 42 Member
    SakeeyaW wrote: »
    Thanks for being courageous enough to post pics. You guys really give me hope. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one going through this. Hopefully, I can start and stick to it this year. My problem was always giving up. I'm not doing that this year. [url="[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1230/1670/12301670.png[/img][/url]"][/url]12301670.png

how do I make one of these!!!!???? I had one before while back but can't remember how to make one. lol help?!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    I'm noticing a difference after about 40 lbs down. No pics, sorry...but it's more noticeable. My stomach is getting more defined and I can see the...umm...lady parts where before I'd have to lift things out of the way. I'm sure there will always be something after 2 C-sections and several abdominal surgeries, but I'll take any improvement.
  • dashe111
    dashe111 Posts: 55 Member
    You guys are rocking it! And kudos for the confidence to put it out there to help others! I too have the apron and always will, most likely. 4 kids all c/s. I'm just starting out, and hoping to get some improvement. You guys definitely gave me some hope
  • Maho2011
    Maho2011 Posts: 8 Member
    TY for this thread, this part of my body is my most embarrassing part. I have 3 kids was 215+ when each of them were born. I did lose 70+ lbs a few years ago but have gained about 50 of that back due to a number of reasons. All of which I forgive myself for. I did see a difference in my belly when I lost the weight initially but I probably still had some weight to go. I am now inspired that I WILL eventually get there.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Ok, I've only lost 10 lbs (5'6" - 205.5 to start) and this has been a concern of mine also. I didn't take a before pic where you could see it though, but you guys have inspired me and and I'm going to put on some bikini bottoms and take a pic right now! I have been putting Skin-so-soft on after every shower to try to help my skin's elasticity. Should probably take full body pics every 10 lbs or so anyway. .... ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!