Looking for ladies "tummy apron" success stories!

Options

Replies

• sew205
    sew205 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dang, you all are amazing. I carry a lot of weight in my belly, which is why I clicked on this thread, and then I just couldn't stop reading it. I just love the way everybody here is talking about and sharing pictures and experiences in such an honest and generous way.
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't carry too much weight in my stomach, but I do in my butt, hips, and thighs and I'm seriously hoping, since I'm only 26yrs old, my skin bounces back after losing 63lbs.

I've heard from many people that it can depend on your genetics and it could take up to 2yrs for skin to tighten. It helps to apply cocoa butter and other kinds of lotion specific to helping with that along with strength training along with cardio to gain muscle in those areas where weight loss is significant. I'm also kind of nervous about stretch marks and hoping they somewhat fade as I loose the weight. Guess we shall see!
  • smsthomas
    smsthomas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this thread. I have a big apron and I'm try g to do everything I can to help it including dry brushing and salt scrubbing. But I'm not too optimistic that it's going to go away, but hoping to make it smaller with the weight loss.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I came across this thread! My overhang (apron) has been bothering me for some time. I have been losing inches from my sides, but this apron belly looks out of proportion and sticking out more, and just hanging there. Thanks to everyone who has shared pictures. It has given me hope. I'm 29 also. I'm hoping that I still have time for it to shrink back and not be left with saggy skin. Really don't fancy surgery.
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 30 and I'm hoping for the same. Have about 60 lbs left to lose. My tummy was never the same since my first child but my second was 11lbs 3 Oz and I was absolutely massive. We will see :)
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been away for a while (fell off the wagon *sigh*) but I'm so happy to see my post here has helped others to talk and share about it. I'm a bit horrified I shared mine, as I have friends on MFP that could see this (just guy friends, and I'm taken, so who cares right? lol) but I'm glad it made a good impact on so many :)
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So great to see this thread -- everyone sharing makes me feel less alone and definitely inspired by others' success. Mine is sloooooowly melting away like a bar of soap melts (glacial pace). Lifting my arms up helps
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    CroneStar wrote: »
    Love this thread. I was just looking at my apron this morning and worrying about how I will look after I lose weight. Thanks for everyone that showed their picture. Makes me feel less abnormal.

I tell you what, CroneStar... I know that my floppy, saggy skin is going to look a lot better tucked into my pants than my fat, saggy belly ever has... so, saggy or not, I am going for it!
  • mutsazm
    mutsazm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I thought I was alone in this battle. I'm so encouraged! This is the area that gives me the greatest stress and is a source of my self esteem issues. Every day after putting in the effort, I look at my apron and it just smiles back at me like its saying "I'm not going anywhere buddy". It's very discouraging, but the message I'm getting here is that I need to keep at it. I can't wait to share my success too !
  • kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    mrsjatty wrote: »
    22q4eenqbmqn.jpeg
    Here is mine....feeling brave lol I don't know what to describe my tummy as other than a hot mess really. I hate that my upper belly sticks out further than below my belly button. I have lost about 25kg half way to goal, it's shrinking but will never be gone, I'm ok with tucking a little in once shrunk but I have to wait and see currently in a very annoying and long plateau....

I have an upper belly too! I have never had one before In fact I always had an hourglass figure that gained in thighs in butt more than waist, but now I have a spare tire apple figure after 2 kids and countless IVFs. I didn't take any photos at my highest 262(postpartum) and I am currently 234 5'7", but I am hoping that by the time I get to my goal of 150 that it tightens up even though I am going on 47 years old and have a baby under 1yo. After my first child I was so upset when I got down 209 but couldn't wear the clothes I used to because of my apron. I couldn't button my pants and the dresses clung to the apron hang outline. I have to wear a corset on the lower apron and a waist cincher on the upper belly over a highline Cpanty base in order to smooth it all out. I only do this for special occasion dresses. The rest of the time I just wear loose things to hide it.

PS. I do lots of ab work (PT and pilates) and it has had no effect on the fat. I need to diet this puppy off.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm down 60 today. I started at 294 and had weighed that for a year or two amd before that had been 240 for years and years. I noticed the hang after having kids. I still jave 80 to loose and I have seen a big improvement in tje lower apron with just 60 lbs lost. it bothers me the most out of anything as well. I'm not comfortable posting a pic but tje difference has been huge and I hope it coninues to decrease as losses continue.
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!