Late night meals and weightloss.

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I've always eaten dinner at like 10 or 11 pm. Sometimes even at 1 am, depending on when I got home that night.
    As long as I stuck to my allotted calories in total, I haven't had problems losing weight.

*boggles* How/when do you sleep?

Eating dinner at 10 or 11 is not that rare...
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My body doesn't really care when I eat. Dinner could be anywhere between 6 and 10.30pm depending on work, and the night I don't eat some peanut butter from the jar a few minutes before I go to bed (rarely before midnight) is an unusual night.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make a difference. I skip breakfast and lunch and consume all my calories in the evening and night. It's amazing how many people believe that though. Even my husband told me I shouldn't eat after 7pm.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sometimes I get heartburn when I eat late. But that's usually situational. Too much food, or something super spicy, or my body has a fit of anarchy. But the more I lose the less it happens. One of the many pros of losing weight, re-acquisition of my pre-bedtime cup of peppermint tea. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter when I eat, I'm still losing. And if you're hungry and your out of cals, either you aren't eating enough, or you need to try eating some different stuff, a little more protein or fats or something at dinner. But yeah, time doesn't matter.