Don't say "Diet" Just say "I'm eating correctly"

Options

Replies

• FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I say diet when referring to what I am eating. As in, "My diet consists of blah blah blah". I don't ever say I'm ON a diet, because that's not truly the case.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    What are unnatural seasoning?

All the seasoning I can think of are plants etc chopped up real small, like garlic.

Also is celery a seasoning? I have never heard someone say "season this chicken with a pinch of celery"

Anyway, good luck.

I put celery seeds in my coleslaw, it's my secret ingredient.

hey, me too! and my macaroni salad.
  • barkleyjeffl
    barkleyjeffl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What are unnatural seasoning?

All the seasoning I can think of are plants etc chopped up real small, like garlic.

Also is celery a seasoning? I have never heard someone say "season this chicken with a pinch of celery"

Anyway, good luck.

I put celery seeds in my coleslaw, it's my secret ingredient.

hey, me too! and my macaroni salad.

I have never done that... But I will add this! Thanks
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Eating correctly to me is eating healthy...

Hey, good for you. It feels good to make positive changes in one's life.

However, I'd suggest you think & believe this, but not say it out loud. Because "eating correctly" is totally subjective and carries with it the faint wisp of judgment about how others may or may not be eating. Which can set up defenses and lead down a dreary path.

Also, chemicals are in all foods.

• barkleyjeffl
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

However, I'd suggest you think & believe this, but not say it out loud. Because "eating correctly" is totally subjective and carries with it the faint wisp of judgment about how others may or may not be eating. Which can set up defenses and lead down a dreary path.

If someone takes defenses and it lead down a dreary path, it maybe that that person should seek help professionally. I'm just saying, when someone, and they have, asks me, what are you eating I tell them I'm just eating correctly. That's it... there is NO secret agenda, NO I'm better than you, NO I know what's right and wrong... it is SIMPLY me saying I'm eating correctly... MY GOD! (and / or whoever you want to place there) I'm so tired of having to be so damn politically correct about everything! Why are so many people overweight... It could be... and I said "COULD BE" because we are so damn scared we are piss someone off! I'm here to lose weight. I'm here to get people to encourage me and me them... So... For the love of Christ! Stop reading into stuff! Just go with it!

And as I put in that statement.... TO ME... I'm not you nor am I anyone else! I'm me! So for me and my cardiologist and my primary care doctor and my nutritionist and my God and my partner and my mother, to me, eating correctly is eating healthy... I'll say it again... to me and the ones that matter in my life... to me, eating correctly is eating healthy...

Also Food that I (yes I) eat do have NATURAL chemicals.. they are not produced in some factory where Colors, HFCS, Flavors, TBHQ (tertiary-butyl hydroquinone), azodicarbonamide, BHA and BHT (butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydrozyttoluene) are put in the food - to name a few. I am trying like crazy to stay away from those types of foods... Natural chemicals that are naturally in fruits and veggies the bad chemicals are so low they cause little to no issues with our bodies... I swear I'm not preaching (of course pass the offering plate around if you wish so I can buy some new shoes...lol.... YES that's a joke...) for me, I'm trying to just stay away from processed foods and eat fresh stuff... OK? Or should I defend myself more? It's for me and me only... if someone else wants to do the same that's cool and if not that's cool... Again... so sorry to piss anyone off by saying that simple little thing.... " For me, eating correctly is eating healthy"!!!!!... for me... not you or course.. just me!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

If someone takes defenses and it lead down a dreary path, it maybe that that person should seek help professionally. I'm just saying, when someone, and they have, asks me, what are you eating I tell them I'm just eating correctly. That's it... there is NO secret agenda, NO I'm better than you, NO I know what's right and wrong... it is SIMPLY me saying I'm eating correctly... MY GOD! (and / or whoever you want to place there) I'm so tired of having to be so damn politically correct about everything! Why are so many people overweight... It could be... and I said "COULD BE" because we are so damn scared we are piss someone off! I'm here to lose weight. I'm here to get people to encourage me and me them... So... For the love of Christ! Stop reading into stuff! Just go with it!

And as I put in that statement.... TO ME... I'm not you nor am I anyone else! I'm me! So for me and my cardiologist and my primary care doctor and my nutritionist and my God and my partner and my mother, to me, eating correctly is eating healthy... I'll say it again... to me and the ones that matter in my life... to me, eating correctly is eating healthy...

Also Food that I (yes I) eat do have NATURAL chemicals.. they are not produced in some factory where Colors, HFCS, Flavors, TBHQ (tertiary-butyl hydroquinone), azodicarbonamide, BHA and BHT (butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydrozyttoluene) are put in the food - to name a few. I am trying like crazy to stay away from those types of foods... Natural chemicals that are naturally in fruits and veggies the bad chemicals are so low they cause little to no issues with our bodies... I swear I'm not preaching (of course pass the offering plate around if you wish so I can buy some new shoes...lol.... YES that's a joke...) for me, I'm trying to just stay away from processed foods and eat fresh stuff... OK? Or should I defend myself more? It's for me and me only... if someone else wants to do the same that's cool and if not that's cool... Again... so sorry to piss anyone off by saying that simple little thing.... " For me, eating correctly is eating healthy"!!!!!... for me... not you or course.. just me!

Why are you getting so worked up and defensive just because people disagree with you? And what does your eating plan have to do with being politically correct? I suspect there may be underlying issues here.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "eating correctly"

well, you've done opened a can of worms..... lemme get my popcorn ;)

There is something wrong with eating correctly?

"correctly" is subject to interpretation and *mis* interpretation.

based on your post count, you've been around long enough to know that ;)

Now, eating a diet that is high in nutrition, and focused less on prepackaged or convenience foods ... is a little more accurate a description and less likely to set the masses ablaze.... ;)

The masses that would be ablaze over something so minor are just looking for a reason to blaze. Maybe they'd be more even tempered if they ate correctly. :p
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

Well, I've obviously touched a nerve. Internet forums are open, public places. No one has been nasty to you. You're invoking the name of God and throwing around objectionable slang, using all caps and otherwise ranting.

I offered an opinion, and I offered it kindly. That's how it works around here.

• barkleyjeffl
    Options
    @vivmom2014 Thanks for your help.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Seems kind of odd that the op makes a post about how they don't like the word diet and instead uses eats correctly.

But then seems to get worked up when people respond saying they don't like the words eating correctly for many of the same reasons the op doesn't like the word diet.

Can't we just agree that all these terms like diet, clean, correctly when it comes to food are all very subjective and personal and are more opinion than fact.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ironic thread is ironic.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    People: "Oh, are you on a diet?"

Me: "No I'm just eating less."

People: "OMG ARE YOU ANOREXIC?"

Me: *sigh* "Why do I even.... Yes, very well, I'm on a diet."

People: *inexplicable relief brought on by an acute lack of owning a dictionary*
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You may just be a skinny fat person! ;)
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Seems kind of odd that the op makes a post about how they don't like the word diet and instead uses eats correctly.

But then seems to get worked up when people respond saying they don't like the words eating correctly for many of the same reasons the op doesn't like the word diet.

Can't we just agree that all these terms like diet, clean, correctly when it comes to food are all very subjective and personal and are more opinion than fact.
    Great post! Total agreement.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Diet means nothing more than : daily food intake.

Dont even have to be weight loss related.

Diet = what you eat daily!

95069916.png
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    "eating correctly"

I figure if the food ends up in the right orifice, I'm eating correctly.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    "eating correctly"

I figure if the food ends up in the right orifice, I'm eating correctly.

lol
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If people ask, I just say that I'm "Cutting". They either know the term and what it means and the conversation ends there or they don't know and drop the conversation (or they start asking more health/fitness orientated questions). I'm not trying to lose weight, I am losing weight. I'm not "dieting", i'm eating to meet my goals. The word "cutting" just really fits with what i'm doing and how I feel about it.

However, I don't care what terms everyone else uses for their own journey.

• karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The only thing that ever bothers me is when people get all worked up over a word. If I want to call it a diet that's what I'm going to call it.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wrong for op to say "correctly". He is eating correctly....for HIS situation, which has been plagued with severe health issues. That's a very different thing than someone who merely has to follow calories in/out to drop a few pounds. It's comparing apples to oranges to me.

And I'm a little disappointed that people are choosing to zero in on the "correctly" part of this rather than simply being supportive of someone who is working to better their situation. Unreal.....

I'm glad you're doing much better now op, and I wish you all the best. :smile: