TACOS AND PIZZA

Options
13»

Replies

• Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well the subject line says it all! I'm dying for pizza and tacos. I'd like to try some healthy variations, anyone got some tried and true recipes?!
    Well the subject line says it all! I'm dying for pizza and tacos. I'd like to try some healthy variations, anyone got some tried and true recipes?!

• Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My husband and I make these great sweet potato tacos. Soft shell tortilla.. Sweet potato and whatever beans we have in the cupboard cooked almost like a thick stew.. Nice and spicy too .. Topped with lettuce, tomato , onion, salsa and a tbs of full fat Greek yogurt. Our favourites at the moment.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I make really awesome burritos. Idk if its low carb or what

If anybody wants the recipe let me know, I'm not going to waste time writing it all down for people to ignore
  • hawilliams78
    hawilliams78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We quit using taco shells and just make taco salads, use enough romaine and they're plenty filling.

Pizza, I prefer to have on a cheat day, like once every few weeks. I would rather do that then try and make a not very appetizing healthy pizza. :smiley:
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do my pizza on zucchini. About 100 cal a zucchini boat, I measure everything and put it in the recipe builder, turkey pepperoni and less cheese than I truly wanted.

I have "tacos" weekly. I put turkey taco meat on my salad and have at it. No fixings.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    HAW78 wrote: »
    We quit using taco shells and just make taco salads, use enough romaine and they're plenty filling.

Pizza, I prefer to have on a cheat day, like once every few weeks. I would rather do that then try and make a not very appetizing healthy pizza. :smiley:

Ha, I had taco salad last night but didn't actually post it because a lot of people feel that doesn't fill their cravings for tacos. I've also added a few chips to the top in the past to provide some crunch, but I've gotten to the point that I'd rather skip those calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    HAW78 wrote: »

Ha, I had taco salad last night but didn't actually post it because a lot of people feel that doesn't fill their cravings for tacos. I've also added a few chips to the top in the past to provide some crunch, but I've gotten to the point that I'd rather skip those calories.

Baked taco bowls

OT8380_Ardito.jpg

Large muffin tins and 8" shells are nice