Would you live in this home??... (sad story)

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    This doesn't answer your question, but why did it take 40 years to bring the man to trial?

Inorite
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    ... brutally murdered with a bush axe....
    Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that is possible. Maybe cause some nasty cuts, but...

disposable-razors-7838812.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    speaking of which... i have a house for sale in a nice area in NY. good schools, high taxes. anyone interested?

Amityville-Horror-House.jpg

:tongue:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    speaking of which... i have a house for sale in a nice area in NY. good schools, high taxes. anyone interested?

How are the houseflies out that way?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I would, but I don't believe in ghosts.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

How are the houseflies out that way?

only bad in one of the rooms.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    This doesn't answer your question, but why did it take 40 years to bring the man to trial?

We had a similar situation in the UK and they have only just demolished the house. The reason being is that there could have been some questions later on and they would need the house as evidence.

Having said that, it was only a couple of years and they demolished `the house` and each one at either side of it.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Real estate agents where I am from (Ontario Canada) do you have to let people know if ANYONE has died in a house. It doesnt have to be a murder etc. My grandfather died in his house and we need to let people know when my grandma decides to sell.

I have a fairly active imagination so if I bought a house where something liek that happened I would think about it a lot. However, as others have said; it is a house. If I got it as a good price I would for sure buy it!

My aunt and uncle used to live in a house where native Canadians were apparently hanged. It was used as a pub/hotel back in the day. I love going to her house as people often said they saw things and heard weird noises. The house held a lot of history..its good for stories....better then living in a cookie cutter townhouse if you ask me.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    "Following a murder inquest held in February 1986, the Muscogee County District Attorney, with no confession, eyewitnesses, or physical evidence linking Michael Curry to the murder scene, decided not to pursue the matter further. Since investigators had no other suspects, the case remained in limbo until January 2009 when a new district attorney, Julia Slater, took office. The Curry murder case came back to life as a cold case homicide investigation." -
    http://jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.com/2012/07/michael-curry-murder-case-power-of.html

Google, people. It's an amazing thing. Searching for "bush ax pregnant wife" produced anything you'd ever want to know about the case.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    "Following a murder inquest held in February 1986, the Muscogee County District Attorney, with no confession, eyewitnesses, or physical evidence linking Michael Curry to the murder scene, decided not to pursue the matter further. Since investigators had no other suspects, the case remained in limbo until January 2009 when a new district attorney, Julia Slater, took office. The Curry murder case came back to life as a cold case homicide investigation." -
    http://jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.com/2012/07/michael-curry-murder-case-power-of.html

Google, people. It's an amazing thing. Searching for "bush ax pregnant wife" produced anything you'd ever want to know about the case.

you so clever:flowerforyou:
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh...its one thing if someone died of natural causes or some freak accident. Quite another if its a brutal horrific murder. Like, I would live in a house where someones grandparents passed away. I would not live in a house where someones parents where murdered and their heads landed up on the bedposts or something like that.

Maybe I watch too many horror movies LoL

But really, I do believe in energy and vibes...just like how I get good or bad vibes off of people, I can feel that way about things and places too. We ALL do that....its a natural thing to go somewhere or meet someone and jsut have a bad feeling about it and not want to be there. That to me is the sort of vibes Id like to avoid!

Of course though, if someone did live in a house like that and felt fine about being there, I see nothing wrong with that. Id go to the housewarming party...might not stay too long LoL but its not like I would let something like that rule or ruin my life or anything.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Are you saying it took around 35 years for the perpetrator to get his trial ?
    I can't believe that.......
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I would like to know if the guy was ever found guilty? I hear name calling from you but from what I read in your OP, you still say he was the "suspect". Was he ever found guilty? Why are you calling him a scumbag?

Also, my own mind is a much bigger hell than anyplace I can think/find on this planet. Won't bother me a bit.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    carpetsurprise_zps85a5e69e.jpg
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    I would like to know if the guy was ever found guilty? I hear name calling from you but from what I read in your OP, you still say he was the "suspect". Was he ever found guilty? Why are you calling him a scumbag?

Also, my own mind is a much bigger hell than anyplace I can think/find on this planet. Won't bother me a bit.
    http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/27/1555028/michael-curry-guilty-of-murder.html

Google is an amazing thing. With as little as "bush ax murder pregnant wife", it magically summons the answer.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/04/27/1555028/michael-curry-guilty-of-murder.html

Google is an amazing thing. With as little as "bush ax murder pregnant wife", it magically summons the answer.

What is a google and how do you do it?

Also, the link you gave still doesn't answer the question why a guy who was innocent (innocent until proven guilty, remember?) is being called a scumbag.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I moved to an apartment at one end of a single-block-long city street.

Two months before I moved in, a woman was brutally murdered in an apartment building at the other end of the street (her hands were cut off and she had symbols carved on her.). I only lived on that street for 2 years but oddly enough, two months after I moved out, ANOTHER woman was murdered in that same apartment building as the first woman. Both murderers were caught so it was not the same perpetrator. That place is referred to as the 'Murder House'.

Still creeps me out.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    All sorts of horrors happen in houses all the time, how can we all know what has ever happened in the history of our own homes