Lord of the Rings Fitness Challenge #1. The Fellowship of the Ring *

Options
mochapygmy
mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
Lord of the Rings Challenge seeks brave hearted individuals to join the Fellowship Now!

Join us for a Fitness Challenge based on Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

Each week there will be cardio, strength and flexibility minutes goals as well as food and health challenges. This is a great way to keep moving, meet new supportive MFP friends and challenge the way you see yourself/ your health/ your goals.

The challenge begins Sunday, January 31st and will run at least 9 weeks. We are still plotting out the exact length of the challenge.

There are only a certain number of spots available in the challenge but you now have the option of auditing the challenge. So you can have the fun of the challenge but not be required to meet exercise minute goals or reporting by the deadlines. This is a great option if you are new to fitness or unsure if you have the time for a challenge due to other commitments.

There is no trivia, so no knowledge of Lord of the Rings is necessary.

Here is the link for the challenge group which will become private on Sunday, January 31st when the challenge starts. Full rules are listed there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111315-lotr-fellowship-of-the-ring-fitness-challenge

Questions?

Replies

• Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options
    Wizards are now full,
    Spaces still left for hobbits, dwarves, elves and humans.
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is my first time joining a challenge group. I love that you made one for LOTR. I've signed up under Elves. How do I find the link once it gets started so that I do not miss anything? Thank you.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    ccam99 wrote: »
    This is my first time joining a challenge group. I love that you made one for LOTR. I've signed up under Elves. How do I find the link once it gets started so that I do not miss anything? Thank you.

Once you've joined it will show up under your Groups in the Community tab.
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    ccam99 wrote: »

Once you've joined it will show up under your Groups in the Community tab.

:) Thanks RaeBeeBaby.

Elves are now full! Dwarves are filling up fast. Lots of spots available in Hobbits, Men/Women and Free People of Middle Earth aka Auditors.

• FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds really fascinating. I joined as one of the Free People of Middle Earth just to get a feel for what this challenge entails.
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In, as a Hobbit! Sounds fun, thank you for coordinating this. :)
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    FatSwatter wrote: »
    Sounds really fascinating. I joined as one of the Free People of Middle Earth just to get a feel for what this challenge entails.

In, as a Hobbit! Sounds fun, thank you for coordinating this. :)

Welcome! Challenges are a lot of fun and you may become a challenge addict!
  • sharkiej
    sharkiej Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have never done one of these challenges, so I joined to Free people group just to follow along to see if I like it. Hope everyone has a good time with it.
  • Ceratopsy
    Options
    UPDATE; dwarves are now full. Still looking for more Hobbits and Humans, and of course feel free to join the free people non scoring team.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    In as a hobbit! I'm very small with hairy feet :lol:
  • mochapygmy
    Options

sharkiej wrote: »
    I have never done one of these challenges, so I joined to Free people group just to follow along to see if I like it. Hope everyone has a good time with it.

Free People is a great choice for a first challenge!
    In as a hobbit! I'm very small with hairy feet :lol:

Aren't we all!

Welcome to Middle Earth to you both!
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Looks like a fun challenge!
  • tamarbatavraham
    tamarbatavraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Seems fun. My main source of exercise at this point, with the weather turned and outdoors not an option, is indoor rock climbing. Since it's a pretty good combination of cardio and strength would it just be up to my discretion what category it fits in?
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    Seems fun. My main source of exercise at this point, with the weather turned and outdoors not an option, is indoor rock climbing. Since it's a pretty good combination of cardio and strength would it just be up to my discretion what category it fits in?

Rock wall climbing is one of the very few exercises that straddles the line of cardio/strength. You would have to divide your time based on the climbs of the day. Technical slower climbs as strength and climbs for speed with little to no rest between climbs as cardio. Same with bouldering.
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    Just 6 Hobbit spots left! A decent amount of shops spots on the Men/Women team and unlimited spots on the audit team called Free People of Middle Earth.

Join us for this fun challenge!
  • donmhill
    donmhill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Very proud to have joined as a hobbit :-D never done any of the challenges before but will do my hardest to not let my fellow hobbits down xxx
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    donmhill wrote: »
    Very proud to have joined as a hobbit :-D never done any of the challenges before but will do my hardest to not let my fellow hobbits down xxx

It's a lot of fun and the teams are great at supporting each other. Glad you joined us!

Only 5 active spots left! Unlimited audit spots left. We start in a week.
  • Ceratopsy
    Options
    UPDATE: Hobbits are now full. Only 4 spots left in the Human/ranger group. Challenge starts in one week!!!
  • mochapygmy
    Options
    The spots on the Human/Ranger team have been filled.

There are still spots on the audit team if you want to check out the challenge also you can say if you would like to join an active team if a space opens up.

You don't need any Lord of the Rings knowledge to join this fun challenge!
  • MichQ1904
    MichQ1904 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, i am new to the MFP app and joined as the free people audit team to get the just of the site as well as looking forward to the challenges.