Do you tell people in your real life that you are trying to lose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• brittanymarie19
    brittanymarie19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do like to talk about it with certain people. Keeps me motivated. I feel like I need to keep my word when I talk about it!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm down enough that people are noticing. If they say something, I tell them I'm counting calories and it usually ends at that because no one wants to count calories.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm down enough that people are noticing. If they say something, I tell them I'm counting calories and it usually ends at that because no one wants to count calories.

Boy, that's the truth! :s
  • arcticunicorn124
    arcticunicorn124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive told a few co-workers my boyfriend and a few family members. Theyre all supportive, although my coworkers told me i didnt need to lose weight. When i started at the job im at now i was 160lbs and when my manager would make a comment like "these two are the skinniest ones here" (talking about two of my co-workers) it kinda made me feel bad and i knew i was getting a little bit on the chubby side so i decided to go on a diet. Im 5'4" 20 years old now 142lbs im gettin there but still only telling a few people unless they notice that I've slimmed down. My boyfriend is pretty supportive as well as my mom whose also trying to lose weight, and im lucky to have the great coach that i have shes really helped me get on track. Its funny too cause ill be having a day when i just want to eat everything so ill tell my mom everything im craving and she'll say "wow you will definitely have a stomach ache if you eat all that" so ill settle for some fruit or one of my herbalife protein shakes to get rid of the cravings. But as far as that i dont usually go posting that im on a diet on fb and i dont like to post before and after pics cause im uncomfortable with how my body looked before.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I didn't go around announcing it to everyone but close friends and family knew and if anyone asked I answered honestly. After a while it was pretty much impossible for people that see me regularly not to notice and many asked what I was doing. I was never met with any negativity for my answers, but then I never offered any negativity to others either.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    My significant other knows because he lives with me, but otherwise no. I honestly think it's a dull topic of conversation for people outside of MFP. People at work know I eat healthy so we talk about recipes and recipe swap which is fun, but I don't think anyone cares but me what size jeans I am or want to be.
  • trishc776
    trishc776 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try not to talk about it with anyone because of the same reasons everyone else have listed. Usually get lots of bad advice from people who aren't healthy themselves.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows, my best friend, and one of my coworkers. Other than that, I've kept it pretty quiet. I've yo-yoed a lot in the past, so I'd rather not broadcast this latest attempt...
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to talk about it but, if someone hears the beep of the barcode scanner on mfp in the break room I don't lie. In fact i've turned about 3 people onto it so far.