ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Drink raw eggs!

why?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    iggy7117 wrote: »
    A good way to gain lean muscle mass is to drink a weight gain protein shake after your workout, Lift heavier weights doing less reps, and add creatine daily. if you start gaining fat then add a program like Get ripped in thirty days three times a week in addition to your muscle building efforts.

1. no such thing as lean muscle
    2. drinking a protein shake post workout has nothing to with staying lean
    3. you are going to gain fat on a bulk and all adding in a cardio based program is going to do is going to make OP have to eat more calories.

OP - you need to eat in a 250 to 500 per day calorie surplus, make sure you hit macros and micros, and get on a structured lifting program. YOu are going to gain fat and there is no way around that and you just need to accept it….
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I wish I had these problems. I gain on such a little amount of calories I still feel like I'm in a deficit half the time.

Calorie dense food! Enjoy ice cream, peanut butter, cook with oil, no fat free cheese/dairy.
  • sdbenton85
    sdbenton85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of the trainers at my gym is a "hard gainer" as well. He eats every three hours, even during the night. He sets an alarm so he wakes up for a mid night protein shake. Depending on how bad you want to gain it, adding a mid night shake may help you squeeze in some additional protein/calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Everyone that claims they are a "hard gainer" is basically fooling themselves if they think they eat a lot. The main reason they don't gain is they aren't consuming enough calories. And if eating every 2 hours makes you feel bloated all the time, then eat meals that are more calorie dense. Which is why pizza, burgers, pasta, etc. aren't off limits, unless you've fallen for the "clean eating" way of thinking to gain mass.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Drink raw eggs!

why?

I've seen it in Rocky.