Options
    I drink only the finest breast milks.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Strawberry delight was the schit
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    It seems a few people have missed the point. I understood what you meant OP. :wink:
  • scon37
    scon37 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Too little protein and too much sweetness for me. I'll pass, thank you.

Yes--low protein, high carb and probably not enough fiber for an adult either.

I wouldn't even feed the commercial stuff to a baby--it's much healthier and cheaper to make your own purees if you must have soft food.

How many times can i say: it's for a snack on the go!!! Like if I'm travelling with work or running between back to back meetings or unexpectedly working overtime with no canteen open. Times when I can't just puree my own or microwave something. I keep these in my backpack and grab one. I.e. when in the past I would have ended up eating a chocolate bar or crisps for energy, now I grab one of these instead. Yes, one. Just one. And it's basically like a mini fruit smoothie. WAAAY healthier than the chocolate bar or crisps.

I still get my protein and other nutrients with my dinner. I eat a lot of fish and veg for dinner.

People, people, people ... if you're not going to read my post properly then don't be so judgmental. Isn't this a forum for supporting each other? Seems like it's a forum for criticising each other!

Well you can keep your judgement and your criticism to yourselves. As an office worker who often works 12 - 14 hour days, I'm glad I found a healthier alternative to chocolate and crisps. And I still eat my healthy lunch and dinner.

Over & out

OP

• scon37
    scon37 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It seems a few people have missed the point. I understood what you meant OP. :wink:

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    JoJean12 wrote: »
    and the sleeping beauty diet( where people took sedatives to knock themselves out for a couple of days)

Too bad I have a job... *yawn* I wouldn't need the sedative...

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    scon37 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your comments. I didn't realise this would be so divisive and controversial when I created this thread! To try to answer some of your comments:

3. To the person who couldn't justify the cost (@amusedmonkey): how much do you spend per week on Starbucks coffee or similar / alcohol / take-out food / eating or drinking out? I usually eat one or two baby food sachets a day. They are only a snack so portion size is fine. In my local supermarket they cost €1.45 each. That's total daily cost of less than €3. I don't drink coffee so NEVER waste money on an overpriced Starbucks (or similar ) cappuccino; I don't smoke; I'm off alcohol for Jan but don't drink much anyway. When I think of how much people spend on their daily Starbucks ritual or on things like pizza, beer and cigarettes, I don't think anybody in their right mind could criticise the money I spend in baby food to help me get healthy!

That's crazy expensive in my eyes for something you could make yourself for pennies on the dollar.

Your example misses the point that I can't make wine or whiskey myself so I buy it. What you're doing is more along the lines of people who pay two, three times as much for pre-cut fruit instead of doing it themselves.

Edited to add I can't make Chinese takeout either. And that for the price you pay for some fruit, maybe try a protein bar!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's just food. Eat what you like.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Well this escalated quickly.............

Would I personally buy and eat baby food as a convenient snack? No. But geez people chill out. So she spends more than you would on something you don't. And? I've nought pre-cut fruit before, bring out the food police!

MFP be cranky today.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    WIC paid for alot of baby food for my son but he hates it! We have a drawer full so ocasionally I'll eat one... They're pretty low cal and taste good. Makes a decent snack! And I'd rather eat them than throw them away...

This is where I am, too. My 4 year old will still eat them if given the opportunity, but the 1 year old has never cared for anything he couldn't feed himself. So, when I am low on fruit/veggies for the day, I'll drink one down. Most of them aren't bad.

The peas and green beans, though :grimace: And the meats ... those would be good for a cat, right?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's okay OP. I completely understood what you were saying since it was clearly stated in your OP.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is the OP here. I was surprised to see my baby food tip was so controversial.

I'd like to recommend a different diet tip: I call it the "lick a sprout" diet. Basically you drink just water, lots of it, and eat nothing until ... you feel faint. And just when you think you're about to faint, you lick a sprout!!

Okay folks, calm down! That one was a joke! But you should read my original post! I was purely suggesting fruit smoothies for babies, which come in handy foil pouches, as a healthier alternative to biscuits, chocolate and crisps / chips. I NEVER suggested you replace lunch or dinner with baby food, just snacks. Not such a big deal at all!

Oh dear, I feel a bit faint ... where's that sprout of mine ...
    Hey, this is the OP here. I was surprised to see my baby food tip was so controversial.

I'd like to recommend a different diet tip: I call it the "lick a sprout" diet. Basically you drink just water, lots of it, and eat nothing until ... you feel faint. And just when you think you're about to faint, you lick a sprout!!

Okay folks, calm down! That one was a joke! But you should read my original post! I was purely suggesting fruit smoothies for babies, which come in handy foil pouches, as a healthier alternative to biscuits, chocolate and crisps / chips. I NEVER suggested you replace lunch or dinner with baby food, just snacks. Not such a big deal at all!

lol. Love your attitude.

Theres a trend of bullying on these boards - just check out other threads.

There is nothing you said which can be misinterpreted. Others just selectively read, otherwise how can they patronise?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Packaged baby food is garbage. I won't even feed it to my baby because there is no nutritional value to it. I have yet to find one of those packets that have more than 3g of protein in them, or any real nutritional density for the calories. You'd get more nutrition for similar calories eating a Quest bar or something, which is the same price as one of those pouches.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Too little protein and too much sweetness for me. I'll pass, thank you.

Yes--low protein, high carb and probably not enough fiber for an adult either.

I wouldn't even feed the commercial stuff to a baby--it's much healthier and cheaper to make your own purees if you must have soft food.

How many times can i say: it's for a snack on the go!!! Like if I'm travelling with work or running between back to back meetings or unexpectedly working overtime with no canteen open. Times when I can't just puree my own or microwave something. I keep these in my backpack and grab one. I.e. when in the past I would have ended up eating a chocolate bar or crisps for energy, now I grab one of these instead. Yes, one. Just one. And it's basically like a mini fruit smoothie. WAAAY healthier than the chocolate bar or crisps.

I still get my protein and other nutrients with my dinner. I eat a lot of fish and veg for dinner.

People, people, people ... if you're not going to read my post properly then don't be so judgmental. Isn't this a forum for supporting each other? Seems like it's a forum for criticising each other!

Well you can keep your judgement and your criticism to yourselves. As an office worker who often works 12 - 14 hour days, I'm glad I found a healthier alternative to chocolate and crisps. And I still eat my healthy lunch and dinner.

Over & out

OP

But, I agree with the previous poster that I find protein more filling. I'd personally rather keep some jerky on hand for on the go snacks over a pouch of baby food. Or some peanut butter crackers (fat to keep me feeling full and some carbs to get my energy up without carb overload).

Great if it works for you, but I feel like there are a lot of better options that aren't just crisps.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    selina884 wrote: »

lol. Love your attitude.

There is nothing you said which can be misinterpreted. Others just selectively read, otherwise how can they patronise?

Great post. Glad you bumped a 2 month dead thread for it.

Bah. Suckered again.

1094801.jpg?b64lines=IFpvbWJpZSBlYXQgYnJhaW5zLCBidXQKIHpvbWJpZSBjYW5ub3Qgc3dhbGxvdwogdGhpcyBpbmp1c3RpY2Uu
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

lol. Love your attitude.

Necro-bumped and meanied and it's not even Friday! :)
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's okay OP. I completely understood what you were saying since it was clearly stated in your OP.

Agreed!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

lol. Love your attitude.

lol

Mean people threads are only allowed on Fridays.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Try the cat food diet. Better macros, more protein... Wait, did you seriously use the word "brekkie" instead of breakfast?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

lol. Love your attitude.

Are you the moderator here?

are you?

are you?

are you?

are you?