Trouble breathing.. What to do??

Hi so ive posted before that i am pregnant and was having trouble breathing walking on the treadmill for 1.5 hours so i cut back to an hour (3.1 mph @ 10% incline) i just hit my second trimester but my energy hasnt kicked in. And even just an hour i can barely breathe.. Am i burning less calories? Is it bad to be pushing thriugh?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I would listen to your doctor. This may be too much for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Yes it's bad when your doctor told you to cut back. Cut back more if you're struggling.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Why are trying to burn calories? You need the calories for the growing baby.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Really? See a MD.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2016
    Op, you should try yoga instead.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I think yoga is a good idea! There's plenty of free prenatal yoga videos on YouTube .

You should really listen to your doctor. Your growing a human ! You will have a lifetime to worry about fitness and weight management after you give birth so why not cut back for now ?

When I was pregnant my doctor told me about the talk test . basically he said you should be able to talk without gasping or being out of breathe during whatever activity. If you are gasping and out of breathe then its time to dial it back . I followed his advice. My main concern was growing a healthy baby. Please listen to your doctor and cut back on all this. Also please be sure to get adequate calories. This isn't the time to worry about a deficit or even maintaining.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    why are you trying to lose weight when pregnant?

why are you not listening to your doctor???

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Please. Just. Stop.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    There's only one thing that's important - the health of your unborn child.

Seek medical attention. Stop being foolish killing yourself on a treadmill. Perspective is a fine thing.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    See a doctor.

And your energy doesn't pick up ten minutes into your second trimester anyway. Yes, it's bad to push through this. Being able to breathe is important.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Op, you should try yoga instead.

People who can't breath from tren lung can still do 8 for arm workouts. Maybe she should try that?

Seriously OP, don't hurt yourself and particularly your baby with over exertion.
  • dydn11402
    dydn11402 Posts: 98 Member
    Op, if you are not getting enough oxygen, then your baby isn't getting enough either. I was also concerned during my pregnancy about pushing myself enough vs too much and it is really imp to have that healthy balance. If you are having trouble with that balance then please talk to someone (therapist, doctor etc) before you hurt your baby. If you are not sure if you are pushing too hard, then pull back extra just to be sure. The goal during pregnancy should be health above all. This is not the time to get fitter and stronger than prepregnancy. All the best.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Why 10% incline? That's a bit extreme, for an hour. For anyone. You need to listen to your body. If it's saying "cut back MORE" (which it sounds like), you need to listen.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Why 10% incline? That's a bit extreme, for an hour. For anyone. You need to listen to your body. If it's saying "cut back MORE" (which it sounds like), you need to listen.

That was my thought. And good lord talk to your doctor!
  • mrsaniamanning
    mrsaniamanning Posts: 56 Member
    Hi everyone thank you for your advice, my doctor told me an hour should be fine and that excercise is a good thing to help with the delivery of the baby. Im not trying to lose weight im just trying to "stay active"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi everyone thank you for your advice, my doctor told me an hour should be fine and that excercise is a good thing to help with the delivery of the baby. Im not trying to lose weight im just trying to "stay active"

But if it's leaving you struggling to breath then it's too much.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    You should be listening to your doctor and you're not. Why would you willingly put yourself and unborn child at risk like that? Seek help. Immediately. And stop pushing so hard and working out so much. Your body has already been screaming at you and you're just ignoring it. You're going to end up hurting yourself or your baby.. or both.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016

I remember your other thread and your phrasing was not that your doctor said it was ok but that your doctor advised you cut back because you couldn't breathe properly

You still can't breathe properly because you are not supposed to be walking at 10% for an hour or dieting when you are pregnant

Your priorities are wrong, you are acting selfishly and you should absolutely go back to your doctor and talk to him honestly about your thought processes

• Sued0nim
    edited January 2016
    I found it

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10309784/is-pregnancy-effecting-my-workout-or-am-i-just-weaker/p1

You even said your doctor said an hour was excessive
    sardelsa wrote: »
    First congrats!
    Second, you are growing another human being and your body is making many changes to accommodate that so it will definitely affect your fitness level. Sounds like you are overexerting yourself... keeping active means moving (even just stretching and walking) so try to take it easy and talk to your doctor if you have any concerns.

Thank you :) my doctor told me even an hour was a bit excessive but i dont believe that to be true?

Seriously what do you have to hear before you realise that you are acting dangerously and selfishly

I am actually appalled by your attitude, you need to grow up and if you can't take responsibility for the life growing inside you on your own, get help
  • Sued0nim
    If you are struggling to breathe frequently and consistently your blood oxygen levels will be affected and this will affect your baby