• ldilone13354
    ldilone13354 Posts: 125
    Options
    You should get a paper route.....

What is that?
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If money really is that tight, there are ways to eat snacks for free. I marvel at all of the free samples of food given out on demonstration days at local grocery stores, Sam's and Costco Wholesale clubs. Call around to the grocery stores in your area and just ask what days/times their sample days are and then stop by. It's a great way to try new foods too and the small sample sizes will help you stay within your calorie range. :) One day when I stopped at the store before having lunch, I stumbled into a sample day and I was really hungry but by the time I was done shopping, I wasn't hungry any more. I had to laugh. :)
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes, quit your dieting cause it's not a diet, you're changing your lifestyle. You have gotten lots of good advice on this thread already and I just want to reinforce: Fill out the mfp calorie tracker and track that ish, girl. That way when you're short on food selection you are still staying in your calorie goal, which is important for weight loss. Best wishes.

Eta, spelling.

Lol where can I fill it out and I didn't know you even needed to track it.

By clicking on 'food' at the top.
    But first you need to go to settings, and update diet/fitness profile, to put in your current weight, goal weight, activity level, and how much you want to lose per week (I suggest 1/2 Ib as you only have a bit to lose).

Also, losing weight isn't going to solve the issues you mention.
    You need weight/strength training for that. Dieting will just lose you more lean muscle, potentially cause your bodyfat% to be higher, and result in an even less desirable look.

I'm applying coco butter everyday for my thigh strech marks. I mean I'll do lunges everyday but If I would need training I can't because I can't afford it, I'm basically doing squats and lunges and maybe it'll help?? I mean I know I'm not obese but I do have a belly which is why I'm on a diet

Running is free!! So is your own body for weight resistance! PInterest has some great toning pins and youtube has free zumba and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It sounds like you're in my position. I have an "ideal" weight in mind, but I've just decided that focusing on body fat may be a better goal for me. It changes body composition more than just "losing weight" You lose inches!

I am confused though... If you were going to drop the diet... What would you eat? All the things mentioned can fit into your calorie count. Were you planning on adding fast food or something? Because it's a misconception that fast food is cheaper than preparing your own meals.

Im not quitting anymore. :) Im sticking, I just don't know what can make my thigh strech marks go away. I have a lot on my thighs and I'm tanned so they really stand out because their white as heck, can running and doing squats plus lunges work?

Strength training can give you definition and make your legs look lean and rocking.... Truth time though... Stretch marks don't go away ever....unless you go to a dermatologist and laser them away. They will just fade from purple to a silvery white...Which sounds like they already have. I wanted mine to go away at 18 too... I've just gotten more. Some people are just prone to them

I promise no one notices, but you. What's your BMI? It sounds like you're young, thin and your profile picture is attractive. Nobody will notice a few squiggly lines, but they will notice some definition in your legs!
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Yes, quit your dieting cause it's not a diet, you're changing your lifestyle. You have gotten lots of good advice on this thread already and I just want to reinforce: Fill out the mfp calorie tracker and track that ish, girl. That way when you're short on food selection you are still staying in your calorie goal, which is important for weight loss. Best wishes.

Eta, spelling.

Lol where can I fill it out and I didn't know you even needed to track it.

By clicking on 'food' at the top.
    But first you need to go to settings, and update diet/fitness profile, to put in your current weight, goal weight, activity level, and how much you want to lose per week (I suggest 1/2 Ib as you only have a bit to lose).

Also, losing weight isn't going to solve the issues you mention.
    You need weight/strength training for that. Dieting will just lose you more lean muscle, potentially cause your bodyfat% to be higher, and result in an even less desirable look.

I'm applying coco butter everyday for my thigh strech marks. I mean I'll do lunges everyday but If I would need training I can't because I can't afford it, I'm basically doing squats and lunges and maybe it'll help?? I mean I know I'm not obese but I do have a belly which is why I'm on a diet

Running is free!! So is your own body for weight resistance! PInterest has some great toning pins and youtube has free zumba and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It sounds like you're in my position. I have an "ideal" weight in mind, but I've just decided that focusing on body fat may be a better goal for me. It changes body composition more than just "losing weight" You lose inches!

I am confused though... If you were going to drop the diet... What would you eat? All the things mentioned can fit into your calorie count. Were you planning on adding fast food or something? Because it's a misconception that fast food is cheaper than preparing your own meals.

Im not quitting anymore. :) Im sticking, I just don't know what can make my thigh strech marks go away. I have a lot on my thighs and I'm tanned so they really stand out because their white as heck, can running and doing squats plus lunges work?

Strength training can give you definition and make your legs look lean and rocking.... Truth time though... Stretch marks don't go away ever....unless you go to a dermatologist and laser them away. They will just fade from purple to a silvery white...Which sounds like they already have. I wanted mine to go away at 18 too... I've just gotten more. Some people are just prone to them

I promise no one notices, but you. What's your BMI? It sounds like you're young, thin and your profile picture is attractive. Nobody will notice a few squiggly lines, but they will notice some definition in your legs!

The weird thing is that my legs are actually tight and nice by once you go up to my thighs, their not tight lol. Their flabby,
    My BMI Is 21.9
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    Btw your wondering how I look, here are two pictures
    In the first picture I'm sucking in my belly I swear hahah
    Second picture is in my bathing suit,
    I have strech marks which you can see.

http://i.imgur.com/Fyc3sar.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/OljBXW0.jpg
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything! You look like a young, fit girl. Enjoy it. I wish I had taken time to enjoy my body when I was 18... I was so hung up on my thighs....lol Now I WISH I looked like that. So now I'm taking my own advice and enjoying my body for what it is now. I hope you'll do the same!
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    I don't see anything! You look like a young, fit girl. Enjoy it. I wish I had taken time to enjoy my body when I was 18... I was so hung up on my thighs....lol Now I WISH I looked like that. So now I'm taking my own advice and enjoying my body for what it is now. I hope you'll do the same!

Lol thank you! :) I know but in reality I'm not fit haha I eat junk food a lot, I hate healthy food which is why I'm changing my ways. :) I mean 10 pounds is nothing and I need to firm up my thighs which I promise to do everyday. Thank you so much for your kind words. I feel so motivated.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

realise you are stunning and you don't know it. most guys would love to bonk you i'm sure.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    edit" didnt grab the quote
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    First of all you have to stop looking at it as a diet. You have to see it as a healthier lifestyle. I never heard that you have to drink 6 glasses of water while on a diet. I think you should drink more than that everyday regardless what you are doing.

THIS

Lifestyle change that will be FOR EVER and water is the bomb! I drink anywhere between 3-4lt a day. Maybe add something to it if you don't like it. :flowerforyou:

Very very true! You guys make me feel so motivated.

This is my everyday schedule for my new life style for this body of mines,
    9:00 put on my workout clothes
    Workout for 20 minutes in front of tv. (Fitness on demand) and the next day jog and then the next day the fitness on demand, (switching it up)
    Do dumbell side bents at the end and do lunges 50 times

10:00 eat breakfast
    Drink bottle of water, 500ml

12:00 Have a healthy snack

2:00 eat a healthy lunch
    Bottle of water

4:00 have a healthy snack

6:00 have a flulfiling healthy dinner
    Bottle of water

I'm basically drinking water 6 times because 500ml is two cups

So Im not trying to be mean, but I am just wondering why your Mom would pay the cable bill instead of putting food in the fridge?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    First of all you have to stop looking at it as a diet. You have to see it as a healthier lifestyle. I never heard that you have to drink 6 glasses of water while on a diet. I think you should drink more than that everyday regardless what you are doing.

THIS

Lifestyle change that will be FOR EVER and water is the bomb! I drink anywhere between 3-4lt a day. Maybe add something to it if you don't like it. :flowerforyou:

Workout for 20 minutes in front of tv. (Fitness on demand) and the next day jog and then the next day the fitness on demand, (switching it up)

Bottle of water

Bottle of water

So Im not trying to be mean, but I am just wondering why your Mom would pay the cable bill instead of putting food in the fridge?

I'm not trying to be mean, but that is really none of your business. At all.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

THIS

Bottle of water

Bottle of water

My mother doesn't pay the cable. My father pays it which he lives in an other state, he pays the cable and Internet in my house and all the money my mother gets is for the other bills like the water, electricity, etc etc. Shes on food stamps and she gets them on Sunday.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

THIS

Bottle of water

Bottle of water

I'm not trying to be mean, but that is really none of your business. At all.

Very true
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Looking at your puc I think you are a very beautiful woman.
    I am in the same (sort of) situation. Broke on a VERY tight budget.
    (going thru an UGLY) divorce.
    I live in costa rica and where I live fast food isn't an option thank god. The nearest mc d's is an hour and a half away!

What I do is make a game of it. I look at what I have in the fridge and pretend Its like a food network game show where they give you a box of ingredients and you have to come up with a meal with it.

Rice chicken and veg.,, make some sort of stir fry
    Plan out your meals each day. Say today I will have this that and that.
    Get creative! Peanut butter and crackers for breakfast sure why not?
    Good to eat the fats and high carbs early., more time to burn them off.
    Edited to add
    There is no set amount of water to drink. If you live in a hot climate or exercise like a fiend drink more..,
    Otherwise drink when you are thirsty.,,not everyone needs a ton of water.
    6 or 8 glasses would bloat me
    Eggs for dinner? Ok! It's good to eat protein before bed.
    Switch it up. Try combos you never had before.
    I have made some awesome discoveries of good healthful food this way.
    Some mistakes too.!
    If you have a tummy.,, like I did.,, do some online research into gluten.
    I found my belly swells A LOT when I eat gluten foods. So try to eat less of them or again in the morning.,

I had a burger patty with leftover guacamole ( no bun) for breakfast today. I will eat again around 1 then maybe 4.
    It takes a while to get the hang of it. When you food shop next week make a list of foods that are cheap and healthy.
    Stick to it! People ask me how I stay so skinny.,, I joke and say poverty has a lot to do with it.

Congratulations for trying a new healthy lifestyle.
    Somehow I think you will succeed
    Mary
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

My mother doesn't pay the cable. My father pays it which he lives in an other state, he pays the cable and Internet in my house and all the money my mother gets is for the other bills like the water, electricity, etc etc. Shes on food stamps and she gets them on Sunday.

Booya.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Let's not bad mouth the peanut butter and jelly since I just got done having that lol. Or cheese. There's plenty of that on my log and it's a good source of calcium. Keep track of what's being eaten and you'll be fine :)
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    To those making comments about her financial situation.,, you obviously have never been broke it thru hard times.

About getting a job here's some things I did as a young teen mom...,I got a job in a restaurant. Pretty sure to increase your food most offer a free meal and often times you can take some leftovers home.
    PLUS...! you run your *kitten* off all day or night which is great for your problem ares legs but thighs!
    Pick a place you would like to work.,, somewhere you think you would be happy going to everyday.
    Then if you haven't applied apply. With an amazing resume.,,I take it your just out of school so again get creative
    Be honest and keep going back to that place. After you do an application, go back next week, just drop in and say I was wondering if anything opened up.,, speak to the person in charge of hiring always. Not the staff.
    Go back the next week.,, say I really love this place and would love to work here.
    Always leave your number.,, pretty soon something will open up and the manager will think HEY!! let's hire THST girl who keeps coming round.,, she's here more often than some employees!!
    Trust me., it works. Don't be afraid to start at the bottom.,, there's only one way to go.,, UP!
    good luck girl
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    I live in costa rica and where I live fast food isn't an option thank god. The nearest mc d's is an hour and a half away!

What I do is make a game of it. I look at what I have in the fridge and pretend Its like a food network game show where they give you a box of ingredients and you have to come up with a meal with it.

Edited to add
    There is no set amount of water to drink. If you live in a hot climate or exercise like a fiend drink more..,
    Some mistakes too.!
    I found my belly swells A LOT when I eat gluten foods. So try to eat less of them or again in the morning.,

I had a burger patty with leftover guacamole ( no bun) for breakfast today. I will eat again around 1 then maybe 4.
    It takes a while to get the hang of it. When you food shop next week make a list of foods that are cheap and healthy.
    Stick to it! People ask me how I stay so skinny.,, I joke and say poverty has a lot to do with it.

Mary

Thank you so much for your kind word and advice. :) I have applied to every fast food place you can think of, stores in th mall basically everywhere and nothing. Not a single call and I've went in and spoke to the manager and everything. Hopefully I get hired soon.
  • ldilone13354
    Options

Edited to add
    Some mistakes too.!

Mary

Thank you so much! :)

I think I will succeed too.
  • ldilone13354
    Options
    So guys I have a question. Do you think it's right to have a cheat meal once a week? I mean fourth if July is coming and I'm not going to be home at all. I'll be out walking in the sun at a place for the fireworks and I'll be their almost all day plus me and my family will eat their so do I treat myself or eat healthy on that day too?