Trying hard and feel like I'm getting no where

Options
I've been actively trying to lose weight for the last 2 months and all I've seemed to have done is gain and lose the same 2 pounds.
I first started out with WW but didn't like it. So I switched over to MFP. I'm really watching my sugar intake and processed carbs.
I get at least 10,0000 steps a day. Slowly getting back to running. And stay active through the day. Eating 1200 calories a day. I do have hypothyroidism but it's treated
It's so hard to get kickstarted it seems :(

Replies

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    :p
    keep going! track your calories.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    How's your body shaping up? sometimes you'll see progress in the mirror or feel it in the way your clothes fit before you see it on the scale.
  • dirtroadrunner3
    dirtroadrunner3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh I track calories. I weigh everything.
    I don't really feel like my body shape has changed. But maybe it has. I hate that it's so easy to gain but feels like triple effort is required to get it back off.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much. How do you measure your food? Do you eat exercise calories back?
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    I'm not eating too much. I weigh everything. I do not eat any exercise calories back.
  • michaela4910
    Options
    You say you get 10,000 steps a day. How much of that is getting your heart rate into the fat burning or cardio zone?
  • dirtroadrunner3
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Unless 1200 is too much. I know I can drop Weight by only eating 900 but that's not sustainable nore is it healthy.
  • michaela4910
    Options
    I know I'm not supposed to ask this of a lady but...how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Or tell me, "that's none of your da#$%@ business."
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    Only 30 minutes. Maybe I just need to focus on getting my HR up for longer each day. Most of my steps come from just daily work around the house. Farm chores. Those kinds of things. I used to run 1/2 marathons. You'd think this would be easy
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @dirtroadrunner3 what is your TDEE? BMR? How are you splitting your macros?
    1200 highly doubt you are eating too much, but what you are eating may be the issue.
    What are you trying to lose?
    Also would recommend taking your measurements as @michaelallanson stated you may be changing while the scale may not be moving...
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are using the correct database entries for your food?
  • michaela4910
    Options
    1,200 calories a day should not, in any way, be too much. In fact, unless your tiny, it may not be enough.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1200 you'd be losing
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    @dcshima I'm honestly not sure what my tdee is
    @seska422 I'm using MFP to log food... Is that the database you mean?
    @michaelallanson I am 5'3" 179# no worries sharing ☺️

My goals are to lean up and get back to running regularly.
    My Macros right now are protein 135g Carbs 60g fat 47g. And I may have that all wrong.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes knowing what you really burn is key. I'm over 50 and 10k steps does diddly squat for me. I try to get 100k a week and it's the last 25-30k that work the weight loss magic. Hills. Hikes. Intervals. Splits for time.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    And I eat a lot. Last week I was in a 500 calorie deficit every day and eating between 1700-2100.
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @dirtroadrunner3
    here are two reputable sites to calculate your BMR / TDEE / along with baselines for your Macros....
    I would increase your calories first off especially on the days you are working out, load your carbs before them too
    http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You must be eating more than you think. If you are truly eating 1200 you would be losing.
    Are you weighing and logging everything?
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    I checked the sites for TDEE and BMR and looks like I need to bump up my calories up to 1600. I'm going to try that and really focus on being more active.
    The article on accurate logging was very helpful. I use the barcode scanner when I can but I didn't realize about inaccurate info on foods that others have logged. And have used generic entries a lot. So I won't be doing that anymore!
    Thank you everyone for being so helpful!!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I checked the sites for TDEE and BMR and looks like I need to bump up my calories up to 1600. I'm going to try that and really focus on being more active.
    The article on accurate logging was very helpful. I use the barcode scanner when I can but I didn't realize about inaccurate info on foods that others have logged. And have used generic entries a lot. So I won't be doing that anymore!
    Thank you everyone for being so helpful!!
    The barcode information is also entered by other users. When you scan a barcode, check it against the box to make sure the info is accurate.