Trying hard and feel like I'm getting no where

Options
2»

Replies

• dirtroadrunner3
    dirtroadrunner3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I completely did not realize that either! I will sure do that!
  • icandothis7042016
    Options
    Are y'all suggesting not to use the barcode scanner to log your foods ? Thats what ive been doing since i started this app four days ago.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Only 30 minutes. Maybe I just need to focus on getting my HR up for longer each day. Most of my steps come from just daily work around the house. Farm chores. Those kinds of things. I used to run 1/2 marathons. You'd think this would be easy

With your stats you "should" be (slowly) losing even if you were sedentary and didn't exercise. If I were in your shoes, I would stick to foods with easy-to-measure calories for a few weeks.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Are y'all suggesting not to use the barcode scanner to log your foods ? Thats what ive been doing since i started this app four days ago.
    Absolutely go ahead and use the barcode scanner. Just double-check that the info placed into your food diary for that entry is the same as the nutritional info on the box. If it isn't, I think you can look for a more accurate entry or edit that one.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

You can use the barcode reader, but it's always good to verify the calories on the entry with the calories on the packaging. Also, you should be using a food scale in conjunction with the scanner.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary? There might be something you're missing that we can pinpoint with more information.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are you really weighing everything? Not using any cups and spoons or serving sizes?

And can you open your diary so people can help you out further?

95069916.png

• tekayla40
    tekayla40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure about all of your stats but 1200 cals a day is probably not enough. Believe it or not, you may need to eat more not less. I have found that tracking my carbs, fats and proteins and trying to get the right amounts of those everyday works better than watching calories. And stop watching the scale. Buy a measuring tape instead and track your measurements :) because in reality its not a out your weight, but how you look. Work towards building lean muscle and you'll see visible results. I hope you are weight training ;)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Those freakin' generic entries! :angry: Tweak the logging and keep on moving! Keep the faith--it will start working for you!
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    I opened it up. I thought it was but it was friends only.
    I do need to weight train. I live in rural America. Closest gym is 40 miles away. So I have to do everything home based. I do own a set of adjustable bow flex dumb bells that go to 50# I believe. I love yoga too. But haven't been doing it.
    If you are so curious to look at my diary back in early 2013 was when I was running a lot. Then after an injury that summer here I am
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    And really I do weigh everything on a digital scale. I was looking back at my Fitbit steps and Im not averaging 10k steps as often as I thought. I forget to charge my Fitbit tho. I do have a garmin vivo active on its way I'm excited about.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    From yesterday
    Bluebunny French Vanilla Ice Cream - Ice Cream, 1.5 cup
    Kefir - Strawberry, 1 cup
    Generic - Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli, 1 cup
    Potato - Potato - Mashed - (1/4cup), 1/2 cup
    all these items were measured not weighed

This video shows why you maybe eating more than you think and measuring is more inaccurate than you think
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY#t=27
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the cups and TBS, and use a food scale for all foods. Only use cups for fluids.
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    From yesterday
    Bluebunny French Vanilla Ice Cream - Ice Cream, 1.5 cup
    Kefir - Strawberry, 1 cup
    Generic - Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli, 1 cup
    Potato - Potato - Mashed - (1/4cup), 1/2 cup
    all these items were measured not weighed

This video shows why you maybe eating more than you think and measuring is more inaccurate than you think
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY#t=27

That was really eye opening!
  • dirtroadrunner3
    Options
    Get rid of the cups and TBS, and use a food scale for all foods. Only use cups for fluids.

I will do that! It really is amazing that there can be such a difference.
  • albania1
    albania1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl, I have hypothyroidism too (hashimotos) and I keep loosing and gaining the same 5 lbs. over and over again. You might be in a certain stage of adrenal fatigue and until you go through the steps to heal it, you will be experiencing the same thing over and over again or worse, gain. There are so many books out there for this issue, please read and address it 1st before anything else. During the adrenal fatigue healing process you will gain a bit but then u will loose it and more. Good luck!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I will do that! It really is amazing that there can be such a difference.

I'm still bitter about peanut butter.. I was living in ignorant bliss there for a while :lol:

• lsutiger2112
    lsutiger2112 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you went from fairly sedentary to 10K steps that is good movement. Are you eating your full calorie allotment? The Thyroid is very important in weight loss of course and if you don't eat enough calories and have thrown in exercise your thyroid can shut down weight loss by slowing your metabolism. With your Hypothyroidism, I'd recommend talking to your doctor and a nutritionist to see exactly how many calories you should be eating.