98 Pounds lost in 9 months (with pics)

Options
nomorepizza2
nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
Hi Everyone,
Thought I'd share a couple of pics after reaching my target weight.
Last October I stepped on the scales and read , with horror, 322 pounds (23 stones).
I hadn't weighed myself in ages, I knew it had gotten bad but 23 stones? How did this happen?!
It happened with sloth and gluttony of course, my 2 favourite deadly sins! I used to eat nothing but junk food and hadn't exercised in years.
I decided that enough was enough, I set myself a target of 98 pounds (7 stones) to lose by my 41st Birthday (just over 9 months from then).
Starting working out in the mornings before work. half an hour on the stationary bike. It was unpleasant.
And dieting. Oh my god the diet. I was one of the people who would scurry past the fruit and vegetable section of the supermarket.
In the UK we call what I was a "salad dodger" and that was literally true for me.
Over the last several months I've discovered many things:
It feels good to get in shape.
It doesn't have to be a major effort to get up out of a chair.
Some vegetables are quite nice to eat.

After a few months of dieting cluelessly but successfully, I hit a mini-plateau and discovered this web-site.
Logging my calories and exercise was a huge help and is something I intend to keep doing.
The biggest help though was reading the words by the good people that come here. The support and kindness you show each other touched me. I particularly liked the before and after success stories and pics. The transformation some people achieve is nothing less than extraordinary and it gave me hope.
I'd like to think that someone reading this, perhaps someone on the wrong side of 40 will see that it can be done.
Have a great Sunday everyone.
Love Paul

Last October (322 pounds)
2ut574n.jpg

Last Week (224 pounds)
rau43s.jpg

Replies

• DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! You look amazing! Great job!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!!
  • seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing!!!
  • wdeem
    wdeem Posts: 4
    Options
    Awesomeness!
  • kristinee1
    kristinee1 Posts: 12
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your success! I'm just finally getting serious mad starting out on my journey. Reading your story is encouragement for someone like ,e who is one the wrong side of 40. Thank you for sharing,
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congratulations!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, you look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    What a great post! I identify with so much of what you wrote. The only difference is that I'm just starting. I hope I learn to like vegetables more, too. You are looking very handsome!
  • dooplegoon
    dooplegoon Posts: 66
    Options
    Congratulations Paul!!! You did amazing!!!
  • nminden
    nminden Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your great letter and photos. What a great way to start my week!
    If you are half as kind as your photo reflects, you are a very kind man. With almost 100 pounds shed, your kindness seems to radiate all the more. Is it possible?
    Thank you again for your contagious spirit.
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Truly inspiring, thanks for sharing. :heart:
  • Pearlgetsfit
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great!
  • watty76
    watty76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always read these and find them inspirational but have never before felt moved enough to respond. You look and sound so happy with your change that it's brought me close to tears. Amongst the gimmicks, debates and cinicism surrounding losing weight, there are genuine examples of life changes which this site and others can support. Well done and enjoy your success.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) Congratulations
  • emiliacan12
    Options
    wow i wish i have your discipline :smile:
    I really struggle with snacking
  • MurphQu1
    MurphQu1 Posts: 2
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!! Congrats on your weight loss! Your story has motivated me to push harder!
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    You sir, are an inspiration and look fantastic! I am in awe! Excellent!!
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That's great to see! Well done you!
  • kittyhawk99
    kittyhawk99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well Done, you are an inspiration, keep up the good work:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!