Do your knees "crack"?

2»

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited January 2016
    Elbows, knees, butt... they all crack.

I was doing an overhead exercise at the gym and some guy freaked out when he heard my elbows crack. Asked me if I was okay lol. It's never just a single crack..... it's more like a crack-ck-ck-crack-ck!

My PE teacher back in the day told me it was because I didn't have any cartilage in my joints.... wut lol.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Ha, hips crack like a 90-year-old.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Yes, and so do my knees, shoulders, ankles, and hips. My doctor said it's normal, unless there's pain associated with the cracking.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Nearly every one of my joints cracks. I often hear the ankles and knees throughout the day, hips and low back pop when I'm stretching in bed, shoulders and elbows pop sometimes.

The shoulders hurt when I do certain movements during my upper body workout, but all the rest just sound funny. I'm like a bowl of Rice Crispies with milk.

~Lyssa
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I'm like a bowl of Rice Crispies with milk.

~Lyssa

"I'm not old - I'm crispy" :lol:

• Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    I'm 23 and mine have always randomly done that
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Mine does too when am doing jumping jacks and lunges. No pain just that cracking sound.
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    My knees crack every time I bend down or extend them any which way - I'm 26 and they have been doing this since childhood - nothing to worry about, just air bubbles between the joints popping :smile:
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,863 Member
    My knees crack when bent beyond a certain point (about 135 degrees), especially when squatting down, and again when extended back beyond that same angle. Used to hurt when I did until I started taking flaxseed oil, now the pain has gone away. I remain very careful how deeply I squat with weight on my shoulders, however.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    All day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png