28 days in / 20 pounds down / Love MFP and have learned a lot!! Changing my life!!

Options
2»

Replies

• zgiarc
    zgiarc Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Difficult position to be in taking care of kids and elderly parents. I find it hard starting the exercise so I tell myself first thing in the morning, just 10 minutes and then you can quit but I always end up doing more. I'm obsessed with my fitbit as well!

Thanks! Once I got through the first week of dragging my butt out of bed, it's gotten a lot easier! I even look forward to it now!! I'm definitely obsessed with my Fitbit!!!
  • zgiarc
    Options
    Teemoney19 wrote: »
    :) nice job keep up the great work

Thanks! You keep it up as well! We got this!!

• Wantstobefitagain
    Wantstobefitagain Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • zgiarc
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks! I know that I'm in for a long battle to get where I want to be, but I'm up for it!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Keep at it bro! Great success story!!! I have faith that you will reach all your goals. The people here are amazing and we will all support you 210%
  • zgiarc
    Options
    tk6299 wrote: »
    Keep at it bro! Great success story!!! I have faith that you will reach all your goals. The people here are amazing and we will all support you 210%

Thanks! MFP is an awesome app with tons of support!

• Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've recently been working on putting myself first as well, after spending way too long taking care of others and putting their needs first, draining myself dry mentally and physically. What I've learned is that you can't help others if you aren't doing well!

I love my Fitbit, as well. Sometimes I just have to walk around the house a ton to get my steps in (currently shopping around for a treadmill, woo!), but it's worth it to get my heart rate, energy, and activity level up. I'd be happy to be your MFP and Fitbit friend!
  • zgiarc
    Options
    Trishkit wrote: »
    I've recently been working on putting myself first as well, after spending way too long taking care of others and putting their needs first, draining myself dry mentally and physically. What I've learned is that you can't help others if you aren't doing well!

I love my Fitbit, as well. Sometimes I just have to walk around the house a ton to get my steps in (currently shopping around for a treadmill, woo!), but it's worth it to get my heart rate, energy, and activity level up. I'd be happy to be your MFP and Fitbit friend!

I had completely beat myself into the ground by the time my mom passed. It took me a couple months to realize it and regroup. But now I'm on the right path! I've definitely been guilty of walking laps around the house to get my steps and stairs in! Craziness or dedication? Either way we are burning calories!

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great story, keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!