AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to COMPLETLY DISAGREE with all of you but "a calorie is a calorie" is FALSE. The body processes different foods completely differently which is why we eat (or should attempt to eat) a balanced diet. Carbohydrates are broken down into simple sugars in the body which adds weight, particularly around ones midsection. Proteins are burned off/metabolized much differently and therefore don't make you gain weight the same way. I challenge two people in this forum: One of you eat 1200 calories/day of fried foods, cheese, and simple carbs. The other eat 1400 calories/day of lean protein, vegetables, fruit and whole grains (keeping dairy and carbs to a minimum or completely out of your diet). Do this for a month and I would bet that the latter will see more of a significant body change than the other. Ready. Set. GO!

strawman alert, strawman alert..

no one is recommending a diet of 100% fried foods because it would be impossible to get adequate nutrition and hit all micros.

Please go back and read through the whole thread before you make outlandish statements that are not true.

Fried food, cheese, and simple carbs. Supplemented properly, macros and micros could be done. Not recommended or a tasty way to eat for me - I'd be sick from all of the oil. But it could be done. Shoot, it might even be possible to get the nutrition in without the supplements. Do the Texas State Fair thing and put together a normal meal and then mash it all together and toss it in the fryer.

Either way, she'd still be wrong.

I've heard that there is nothing they don't fry at that Fair. Is deep fried bacon going just a tad overboard?

At the Texas State Fair, that's child's play. They've moved on from fried butter, fried bacon, fried beer, etc. Too easy and too simple. They have a competition every year for the most creative fried food. Couple of items that made the finalists last year: Chicken Fried Lobster with Champagne Gravy, Cowboy Corn Crunch, Deep Fried Alligator’s Egg Nest, Fried Beer-Battered Buffalo, Lone Star Pork Handle and Pretzel-Crusted Pollo Queso.

I didn't go, so can't comment on taste.

Don't remember what it was called, but last year at the rodeo we had a peanut butter cup, wrapped in cookie dough, battered, and then deep fried. It was amazing.

At a recent fair near us they had a deep-fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Coated in crushed Cap'n Crunch cereal, deep-fried, then drizzled with caramel and dusted with powdered sugar.

Holy carnival food batman!
    Those are some good calories right there.

You could hear angels sing every time they dropped one in the deep fryer.