How long before friends notice you've lost weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• rwest436
    rwest436 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have lost 66 pounds since December ... I still wear the same clothes I always did, so it is harder for others to tell. Now when I get out of the shower and stand before the full length mirror in the bathroom I can see a big difference, but since I don't walk around naked in front of other they don't notice as much. The people who see me everyday are less likely to notice, though some have. The ones who really notice are the ones who only see me occasionally, because to them the change is more shocking and apparent. I know I look better and for the first time in a long time I like myself. Don't base your self-esteem on others. You are doing this for you and that is all that should matter.

P.S. When you lose a lot of weight most people are afraid to say anything because they have seen us struggle in the past and fail, so they don't want to draw attention to something that might not last.
  • CherryBlossom86
    Options
    I once heard somewhere. It takes 4 weeks to start to lose weight. 8 weeks for people around you to start noticing an 12 weeks for yourself to start noticing.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    About 20 pounds or slightly over, and I'm short and small framed.
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    My wife noticed after about 4 weeks, so at 8lbs lost. I didn't tell her that I'm eating better and going to the gym because she is pregnant and has been upset about her weight for the last month. Hate rubbing it in that I'm losing weight and she's gaining. But she was excited for me.
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had a woman in the office today ask me if i've been losing weight. I reponsed by saying yes. She asked me how much i've lost and I said just shy of 60lbs. She nearly fell over and congradulated me. Besides my husband, one friend and my boss (she knows I've been going to the gym as I've changed my work schedule) no one else has said anything.

*edit for typing errors