:noway: :noway:

Replies

• astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    try planning your meals.

seriously lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i have no idea what your age, height, current weight, and goal weight are... but 1,200 calories is probably not enough for you.

go for a nice long walk/run/bike ride and burn some calories so you can eat more.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Easy! Go for a long walk before dinner.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    blimey, that was quick!

definitely agree with buffy, better planning of your daily calorie intake,
    and maybe eating more often but less food, to save yourself from going over the top in the morning by eating heavy in one go,

as for today, dont sweat it too much, just try and keep it light for the rest of the day calorie wise, drink loads of water and eat s much fruit or veg as you can, so your not going to go 1000-2000 over, if you can limit to 500 calories or less for whatever else you eat today then its not a big deal really,

plan for a better day tomorrow :)

**edited to agree with the 2 above about the going for a long walk**
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    LOL sucks for you.

That's why I don't start eating until noon at least.
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Don't worry - I had the same problem when I first started. Keeping a diary made me realise after just one week that I was eating the 1200 recommended calories just for breakfast and lunch alone.

What I did was - I calculated my TDEE and BMR honestly, and I found I can eat around 1550 calories a day, not 1200.

Two months down the line, I find my calories have naturally spread out over 3 meals at 500-500-500 with occasional small variations, and I'm not very hungry between meals, and the cravings are few and far in between.

I suspect you haven't done your calculations and MFP has recommended you the 1200 calories it recommends to everyone - trust me, ignore that, do your calculations, and you'll know what you are doing in no time :)

good luck!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Make up for it later in the week?

In the 'notes' section of the diary, I keep a log of how over/under I am (usually exercise cals) and I work it out a week at a time, starting afresh each Monday. This ensures I have cals left over for treats at the weekend.

A couple of bowlfuls of home made veg soup, or some sauteed veg with brown rice won't put you hugely over your limit.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'd recommend that you check here to make sure your goal is appropriate (1200 calories is generally for the very small and sedentary or the very obese who need to lose quickly for urgent health reasons. For most people it is not enough.).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

My other recommendation is that you pre-log your day. I sit down with my coffee in the morning and enter everything I've planned to eat for the day. I might need to make changes as the day progresses but at least I've got a good starting point.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    LOL sucks for you.

Me too, a lot easier and you stay fuller longer
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Let yourself go over a little today. I had something similar happen to me yesterday and decided to run some calories into existence which created some major backlash. Drain the tank the night before and it will be much harder to start the next morning.
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    I'm just getting back to MFP after a bit of an absence, but one thing that I know for sure that has helped me in the past is meal planning. I want to know what I'm putting in my mouth before I eat it - keep track of the calories and ingredients - if you go over by a little but you're eating really healthy foods, oh well! If you need to kick up the exercise a bit to maintain your calorie goal, try finding ways to increase your cardio. I'm also a huge fan of drinking two glasses of water when I'm hungry before even getting near any food - that takes the edge off a bit and keeps my food intake down :)
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Break out the bike, get the running shoes on, pop in a work out DVD, or just relax it's Sunday! One day should not make or break you, you may just need to work out harder the next few days that's all.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    . . it happens. :celeryforyou:
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    One bad day won't make you fat just like one salad won't make you skinny. Try to plan meals for tomorrow, take a walk today and relax.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Looks like you only netted 700 yesterday. No wonder you were starving! Use a BMR calculator to find a more appropriate goal for yourself, and then NET YOUR GOAL EVERY DAY!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Wow :noway: ...you should do some cardio to burn the calories taken and then refuel. You might consider planning your meals or re-evaluating your calorie goal.

8488541.png
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    LOL:smile:

MFP is taking awfully lot of my time as I try to strech my 1200 calories over the day. I'm not obese or small or sedetary, that's just how much it is calculated. Try burn some or wait for tomorrow. My sympathy. :flowerforyou:
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Well thats ok tomorrow is a new day and besides you can make a salad or an omelet with veggies, oatmeal with fruit or yougurt bonelss skinless chicken breast with some sautted mushrooms , peppers and a slice of cheese on top your choice of veggies your doing fine dont let this get you down plan for tomorrows meals and forget about todays used up calories
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    i have no idea what your age, height, current weight, and goal weight are... but 1,200 calories is probably not enough for you.

go for a nice long walk/run/bike ride and burn some calories so you can eat more.

+1
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    LOL sucks for you.

Oh yeah, because that's healthy.

Don't skip meals. Go for a nice long walk so you can eat some more. Plan your meals better.