Wondering about supplements - Fat Burners, Fat blockers, Carb blockers?

Options
2»

Replies

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Nice wiener costume OP. Now dont be a wiener and buy this stuff.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    In the past I've tried tons of fat burners and carb blockers. Nothing works. You'll save a lot of money if you use MFP.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Hard work works better. Save your money.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    So, I've tried just about all of the diet pills out there. The ones I haven't tried, I had friends who did. None of them ever worked. I still ended up having to alter my lifestyle and stop eating so many calories to lose weight. I finally did that without any pills.

Side note on the fat blockers: you don't want to experience what they can possibly cause. They basically make it to where you don't absorb dietary fat (which is actually a needed macro nutrient). Well guess what! When you eat fat, but don't absorb it, it has to go somewhere. More often than not: it's out your butt in the form of greasy/fatty liquid. Alli is one of the better known names of fat blockers. People who have taken it thinking it was some miracle pill actually recommend learning from their experiences: never get too far from a toilet and carry spare underwear at all times.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    There are several problems with supplements, they don't have to have any valid research supporting the claims, they are minimally regulated and when we're talking about your metabolism that is important, but I think the biggest thing is that they are a distraction. 99% of your success is going to be from having an eating plan and figuring out how to stick to it sufficiently to have a calorie deficit. Too many people get distracted from that truth by other things like supplements, specific foods, etc.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Best way to describe diet pills/fat blockers/carb blockers, etc.:

ajf608lss422.gif