Scale shows low numbers only if clean eating.

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I eat one or two bags of chips each day - these are not wholegrain but standard chips or quavers or air popped ones

I buy multipack crisps (chips) that are already portioned into 19-25g packets .. they are 85 to 125 calories each

meh

affordable in calories
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    0.6 lb is the difference between poop and no poop. It's really no big deal.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yup; you are temporarily gaining water from the extra salt typically in processed foods. Neither here nor there for fat loss. This last shopping trip I bought a container of Pringles on a whim. I eat four chips at a sitting, so that can is going to be around for a while. I checked the side of the container and their recommended serving is fourteen chips. No way I need that many. Four chips is forty calories. Easily fit in.

I also have lots of fresh foods/minimally processed foods during the day. A salad at lunch today. It all evens out.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

get on a trendapp like Libra or Happy Scale or site like trendweight.com

+1

I had bigger meals this past weekend and this Monday I was up by a pound. By Tuesday, I was down a pound. On trendweight, I showed a steady, daily 0.2lb loss for the past week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »
    I have notice that if I decide to add any processed food to my diet, next day, that scale will show. I am on a 1220 daily calorie, and yesterday decided to add a few whole wheat pita chips, within my daily calories. Jesus, today that scale went up .6 lb. So frustrating :s

processed foods tend to be high in sodium which causes water retention...water has mass and thus weight...not everything is fat.

weight loss and weight management in general is about trends, not the weigh in to weigh in. most people can fluctuate with changes in water and waste by 3-5 Lbs day to day. wrap your head around it.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Being that bent out of shape over the slightest increase on the number on the scale is not a healthy approach or the proper mindset to have.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Put a bunch of fruit in a blender hit go. Organic whole natural food is now "processed"....into a smoothie.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Yes, because bagged

Is kind of hard to eat chips when you are on this journey. When you open a bag of chips that last thing on your mind if to get a scale and weight either one portion or half portion, which is what I did. I weighted only 1/2 a portion. I remember when I was not logging my food and just eating I could eat the whole bag. :p

I eat chips, ice cream, and oreos and have no issues....
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Yes, because bagged

Is kind of hard to eat chips when you are on this journey. When you open a bag of chips that last thing on your mind if to get a scale and weight either one portion or half portion, which is what I did. I weighted only 1/2 a portion. I remember when I was not logging my food and just eating I could eat the whole bag. :p

That's why I don't keep chips in the house. Doesn't mean I don't eat them, though. Sometimes I will really be craving chips, so I hit up the gas station near my house and get one of the small bags. Yeah, they're usually 2 servings not one, but that's a hell of a lot better then opening a big bag of about 20 servings and finishing it without realizing.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yep. Clean eating will show you a cleaner weight on the scale. It's all so fascinating isn't it?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yep. Clean eating will show you a cleaner weight on the scale. It's all so fascinating isn't it?

It doesn't for me. I have a horrible diet and lost plenty with it. If you don't enjoy the food you're eating, what's the point? Other posters above are right: it's mostly likely water weight.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Definetly !!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Definetly !!

That doesn't even make any sense. What is a "cleaner weight"?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Definetly !!

you know, when you eat clean food your fat is cleaner....
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Definetly !!

When you wipe off the display on your scale with a Clorox wipe
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Tell all that malarkey about only getting results from "clean eating" to this member. From another thread:
    ChrisDavey wrote:

» show previous quotes

Flexible dieted all the way to my profile pic. HTH

lo5941pr0zw5.jpg

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Tell all that malarkey about only getting results from "clean eating" to this member. From another thread:
    ChrisDavey wrote:

» show previous quotes

lo5941pr0zw5.jpg

Clearly he's doing it wrong...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    ChrisDavey wrote:

» show previous quotes

lo5941pr0zw5.jpg

<3
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Definetly !!

Harrybananas is somebody's attention-seeking troll account.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Methinks the 'cleaner weight' comment might be sarcasm. ;)