white rice questions

Options
124»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Brown rice helps me reach my RDA suggested intake of arsenic.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @AnvilHead I wonder why you consider it as spam, let alone garbage! Open your mind, Do the research, educate yourself, them open your mouth.

Else you will make a joke of yourself. I am trying to help here. I have been through lots of dietary mistakes in my life and I learnt the hard way.

If Scientific proof doesn't make you change your mind and get convinced, what does?? Broscience?

Why not answer my question instead of accusing me of spamming. What is the obesity rate in rural china compared to the USA and the UK? what is the main calorie source in china compared to the western world?

DO the research mate.

They aren't on the McDougall diet in rural China. Yeah, they eat rice. But they also eat the things that you encourage people to avoid.

If you really want to use the rural Chinese as the support for the best possible human diet, then why don't you eat like the rural Chinese?
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Just to clear up a misconception, enriched means that a few nutrients are added back after the hull and seed have been removed. A whole grain has hundreds of nutrients and phytonutrients that cannot be added back. White rice is the fluffy stuff left after the stripping process. It is fast to break down in your system and turns quickly unto sugar without providing much nutrition or fiber. Introduce your friends to brown, black, or red rice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    Just to clear up a misconception, enriched means that a few nutrients are added back after the hull and seed have been removed. A whole grain has hundreds of nutrients and phytonutrients that cannot be added back. White rice is the fluffy stuff left after the stripping process. It is fast to break down in your system and turns quickly unto sugar without providing much nutrition or fiber. Introduce your friends to brown, black, or red rice.

lol no
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    all i know is I can't live without risotto.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've heard about the rice arsenic connection. There may be something to it. I keep a bag of black rice in my freezer and cook some up now and then. I use no other rice. The black variety is delicious.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll I do eat like rural chinese. my diet is plant based

So you eat meat when you can get it?