Options
1235»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tenster wrote: »
    Chemicals no caffeine yes. Pepsi max has twice the amount of caffeine as normal diet Pepsi
    It does contain chemicals. Pepsi max and most over diet drinks especially contain chemicals. Aspartame is the artificial sweetener that is used and that's got a very bad press in recent times

You're correct that it does contain chemicals.

As does literally every tangible thing on the planet.

Oh noes.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Sodas will dissolve nails if you leave it in soda think what it does to your body. You can use it to clean the acid off a car battery. So if it does that what will it do to you over time. Also you can use it ad a cleaner around your house. Google it and you will find out all the things you can use it for then make up your own mind. Do the research and you will find out.

Water erodes rock - just look at the Grand Canyon! Imagine what that stuff does to your body!

You can also use water as a cleaner around your house.
  • Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Diet Vanilla Coke is delicious!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Sodas will dissolve nails if you leave it in soda think what it does to your body. You can use it to clean the acid off a car battery. So if it does that what will it do to you over time. Also you can use it ad a cleaner around your house. Google it and you will find out all the things you can use it for then make up your own mind. Do the research and you will find out.

You don't watch Mythbusters, do you ...

And as for "oh no, the chemicals..." arguments, basic chemistry will tell you that dosage and concentration mean a whole lot.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Lemons.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Lemons.

Teh acidzzz!!1!!
  • Pandawdy
    Pandawdy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't think zero calorie soda contributes to weight gain. I have read before (from nutrisystem) that diet soda still causes a blood sugar spike and that's how it contributes to weight gain. I don't personally believe that. While I don't think that diet soda causes weight gain, I do believe that drinking a lot water promotes weight loss.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Pandawdy wrote: »
    I don't think zero calorie soda contributes to weight gain. I have read before (from nutrisystem) that diet soda still causes a blood sugar spike and that's how it contributes to weight gain. I don't personally believe that. While I don't think that diet soda causes weight gain, I do believe that drinking a lot water promotes weight loss.

It's spikes insulin if you are a rat cell, other than that the effect is negligible.

https://examine.com/faq/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/
  • molepigeon
    molepigeon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 diabetic and can confirm that diet drinks so nothing to my blood sugar, so in a non-diabetic I wouldn't have though it would "spike the release of insulin" :)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Pandawdy wrote: »

Blood sugar can't appear out of nowhere.