Recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dear @ndj1979 , Plant based diet (no fried food of heavily processed junk) is essential because there is no point of fixing your shape while you are rotting inside.

The ultimate goal must always be being healthy inside and looking fit and sexy outside.
    Lets not underestimate the ability of our bodies to choose what they need to fix/grow the tissues. Stiffing your stomach with too much protein is not going to force your muscles to grow. in fact it can easily force cancer to grow

When you eat plant based diet that provides your body with all the fuel it needs to work (carbs) all the building up material it needs (protein and fat) the body will utilise it and will work fantastically.

You will never grow faster than a baby unless you have cancer maybe. A baby diet from mothers milk contains about 5% of all the calories from protein and 2 to 5% fat, the rest is lactose (carbs).

Plant based food cad do that just fine. If you insist on increasing your protein intake fine, you have all the legumes there 30% protein. but you have to increase your vegetables intake too to keep the PH of the blood balanced.

Finally I am a body builder too. I know what I am talking about (no steroid is used here!)

Where do you get your info on baby food? Because looking at my sons formula its 60% carbs, 30% fats and 10% protein.

Op, feel free to drink some calories like chocolate milk..
  • dmosseri
    dmosseri Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you have a gym partner? It wasn't until I partnered up that I stayed motivated! :)
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Dear @ndj1979 , Plant based diet (no fried food of heavily processed junk) is essential because there is no point of fixing your shape while you are rotting inside.

The ultimate goal must always be being healthy inside and looking fit and sexy outside.
    Lets not underestimate the ability of our bodies to choose what they need to fix/grow the tissues. Stiffing your stomach with too much protein is not going to force your muscles to grow. in fact it can easily force cancer to grow

When you eat plant based diet that provides your body with all the fuel it needs to work (carbs) all the building up material it needs (protein and fat) the body will utilise it and will work fantastically.

You will never grow faster than a baby unless you have cancer maybe. A baby diet from mothers milk contains about 5% of all the calories from protein and 2 to 5% fat, the rest is lactose (carbs).

Plant based food cad do that just fine. If you insist on increasing your protein intake fine, you have all the legumes there 30% protein. but you have to increase your vegetables intake too to keep the PH of the blood balanced.

Finally I am a body builder too. I know what I am talking about (no steroid is used here!)

Please stop spreading your vegan nonsense about how plants are the best and too much protein causes cancer. Too many carbs causes type 2 diabetes but I didn't see you mention that.
  • buzz28camaro
    buzz28camaro Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If too many carbs cause type 2 diabetes then how did Dr. Walter Kempner's patients not all develop type 2 diabetes while eating a 95% carbohydrate "rice diet" comprised of white rice, fruit juice, and table sugar?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    If too many carbs cause type 2 diabetes then how did Dr. Walter Kempner's patients not all develop type 2 diabetes while eating a 95% carbohydrate "rice diet" comprised of white rice, fruit juice, and table sugar?

magic?
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options

You're quoting a study which was performed on subjects with severe hypertension...of which 13% died. Can you please give me more advice on how to eat?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »

You're quoting a study which was performed on subjects with severe hypertension...of which 13% died. Can you please give me more advice on how to eat?

LOL! :D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

Please stop spreading your vegan nonsense about how plants are the best and too much protein causes cancer. Too many carbs causes type 2 diabetes but I didn't see you mention that.

Since when did carbs cause diabetes II? I always thought it was things like, excessive weight, inactivity and genetics.
  • buzz28camaro
    buzz28camaro Posts: 49 Member
    Options

So you are complaining about an 87% success rate with near-death patients? Also, why did you totally disregard the point I was making about carbohydrates not being the cause of diabetes? Change the subject much?
  • michelleruiz320
    michelleruiz320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking to gain weight and muscle(mostly only in my legs and glutes area) is there any drinks or foods you would recommend that would help me gain, but alao keep my stomach slim?

Thank you! Feel free to add me (: I just started using the app yesterday :)

Ughhhhh I'm having the same problem!!! So if you find something that starts to help PLEASE let me know!!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    This is why I don't trust vegetables.

Hahaha rich ! I definately need to eat more greens.. Always leave that out of my diet .. It's also hard for me to eat a surplus of food, I stay full through out the day and eat constant little meals.. Should I change that to bigger meals? And I don't really eat much red meat, I perfer seafood chicken and pastas mostly .. Thanks for all the help o appreciate it !
    I am currently 5'2" and 103lbs.

bigger meals and or full calorie meals- when I'm really hurting I have 2% or whole milk with ice cream- and that usually gets me to where I need to be.

Calories are king- if you cant' eat enough - you'll never gain. Macros are nice- but calories are way more important in a bulk.