What are you looking forward to THE MOST?

Options

Replies

• Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    To fit into my regular clothes. I recently gained so much weight I had to buy all new work clothes, but couldnt afford to buy regular clothes after that so now I have either PJ's or dress clothes and nothing else. Even when I go to the grocery store when it's 90 degrees outside, or go places on the weekend I look like I'm going to work in all dress up clothes. UGH!!!

I'm gonna get there, you wait and see ;) We all are.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to feel less self-conscious. My husband is an actor here in L.A. and so a lot of his friends are really good looking. I'm tired of feeling like the chubby frumpy girl around these people. I know it's something I'll need to work out in my own head no matter what weight I'm at but I'd really like to be down at least where I used to be when I was in better shape. There was a point a couple years ago when I could get on a treadmill and run and not feel parts of me jiggle that shouldn't jiggle.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Walking into the mall and buying tons of stuff in my size, versus spending 30 minutes in the dressing room trying on 40 articles and coming out with 1 or 2.

Strutting around naked :tongue:

To the first: SO TRUE!

To the second: Hahahahaha.... :smile:
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    Bathing suit season!.. In Western Washington it so far hasn't happened.. icky weather :(
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Next summer climb Mt Taranaki (on my doorstep) with my son and enjoy it rather than hating every moment (it is a very steep gut-buster).

Do 4 sets of chin-ups with no counter-weight. (Just to be able to say, "I probably could never do that in my life before, but now in my fifties I can").

See my children wanting to be fit and healthy for life. Both kids are now at uni (home at moment for break between semesters), my daughter is now addicted to the gym and today my son is going to the gym with me (my boxing day with a trainer and my son can have a shot too). He has a real fear of gyms because he is (get this) only 51 kg at 18 years of age. He's terrified of being a weedy runt amongst fitness freaks. Today he might overcome that!
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear size 2 jeans again! I am not that big now, I am a size 6 but for most of my life before this I was a size 2 and I want to be there again!
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "I'm taking a moment just imaginin' that I'm dancin' with you. I'm your pole and all you're wearing is your shoes." Great song and great thing to look forward to.

Have you heard the Jason Mraz/Ingrid Michaelson singing "You and I?" It's really good. Or Ingrid Michaelson "The Way I Am?" Also really good. Nothing to do with weight loss motivation necessarily, I just LOVE music and sharing favorite songs.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    YOU DO NOT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE AT 300LBS:
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    The thing I'm looking forward to the most is fitting in with my family. Both of my parents and my sisters are skinny/slim. I've always been chubby and I would love to not look like the odd man out in our family photos.

I want to see what I look like at a healthy weight. My sister says that she doesn't think I'll look like me anymore. :ohwell:

I want to be able to feel comfortable...period. Just comfortable.

I want to run a marathon.
  • lilbitofber
    Options
    The belly smaller!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    this is gonna sound crazy but here it goes..

i'm currently loving me some jason mraz... and his song butterfly..

well in the first few lines of the song he is singing about dancing with a girl wearnig nothing but her shoes..

i wanna be able to dance (with my fiance, who will be my husband by the time i reach my goal) in nothing but red heels and feel hott and sexy... and to drive him crazy!!!

i know crazy.. but honest!

and also i'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to pay half the price i do now for clothes and be able to shop regular stores not just at "big girl stores"

Or you could do the Joe Cocker version and leave your hat on.

And your idea is not crazy, a great sexy treat for your hubby I think! Way to go.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    To be able to say for the first time in my life " I have no more weight to lose, I am at my very healthy goal weight"
  • stridersraven
    Options
    oh hell, ed hardy bikinis on the beach where me n mr me got engaged in malta, mmmmmmm
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I want Abs in the plural instead of one big Ab
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    being able to buy anything I want and knowing it looks good - anywhere I want to buy it - not just Lane Bryant
    but most importantly I want my body to feel more like a 30 year old then a 50 year old. I want all my aches and pains that I've dealt with on a daily basis to disappear and to feel strong and capable and to no longer have to pass up doing something fun because I'm fat and out of shape.
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Playing hockey and soccer again without feeling like the team's token fat guy!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Not fearing or expecting a heart attack or stroke, weighing less then my husband, feeling better about myself and not so self-conscience, needing to buy all new clothes hopefully in a size 10 or 12 no longer in the plus size section! Looking like I am part of my family and not some gross fat blob!
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Hands down for me it is the clothing thing! I can't wait to buy cute suits for work instead of what I am stuck with because of my size. I may go broke after weight loss but boy will it be worth it!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run after my kids..........wait for it..........and GET THEM!
    Some day I may even be able to fly by them. :laugh:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking forward to seeing people & family that I don't see very often and them being surprised by my weight loss. I was always thin & active... and for whatever reason I'm that girl that no one thought would ever gain weight. I hate that. :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!