Homemade Pizza

Options
How do you calculate your calories on homemade pizza? My crust recipe, per the numbers I entered here gives me 90 Calories/Slice. Then I guess I would have the measure the rest of the ingredients. For the Tomato Sauce, since I make my own Tomato Sauce entered here and figure out how much I will add to the one pizza crust. Is that how you come with a number for each slice? Here is a picture of the two pizzas I regularly make: One is Spinach and Broccoli and the other one is Vegetables with ANCHOVIES..... I know..there are lots of people that don't like anchovies..but I love the.....lt4h9sx2oh6f.jpg

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Plug everything into the recipe calculator for the most accurate data. You've already got the crust. The calorie count for sauce is going to be rather small. The meats (in any) and cheese will be the biggest factors (besides the crust).

If you spread 8 oz. of cheese on one pizza and you got 8 slices....then you're at 1 ounce of cheese per slice.

Looks yummy!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You can use the recipe builder to enter all ingredients for one pizza, then enter the servings as however many slices you cut it into (probably 6 - 8). Then just log the number of servings = number of pieces eaten.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Looks yummy!
    It is. I want to say is my favorite food. Since I started this Weight Loss using MFP I haven't cooked pizza but now that I'm down to 133 I think that I can make one this weekend :p

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Oh man, that looks GOOOOOD! :p
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I will third the suggestion to use the recipe builder.

Your pizza looks really good. My husband made us homemade pizza for Christmas dinner. We hadn't had it in a long time and at first I was bummed about having it for Christmas instead of a bigger meal. But it was so good (and no work for me!) that I changed my mind. He was right, I was wrong :blush:
  • Schila64
    Options
    Here is one that I made in another occasion. Can you spot the photo bomb? Yep, that is one of my doggies, waiting for his piece...LOL ctiqjo8oqpgh.jpg
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    First of, they look yummy!
    Second, I usually just put all ingredients in recipe builder, and then divide it with the number of slices.

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    there's a recipe builder? :o
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I will third the suggestion to use the recipe builder.

Your pizza looks really good. My husband made us homemade pizza for Christmas dinner. We hadn't had it in a long time and at first I was bummed about having it for Christmas instead of a bigger meal. But it was so good (and no work for me!) that I changed my mind. He was right, I was wrong :blush:

That's so funny. My family elected to make pizza for Christmas Eve -- it was lots of fun.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    OHH!!! My! They look so good. I <3 Anchovies.

If I may ask I'm really interested in knowing - What dough you use?
  • runner475
    Options
    @Tomk652015 - On the menu go to Food -> Recipes -> Enter New Recipe
    You'll see this page
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    @Tomk652015 - On the menu go to Food -> Recipes -> Enter New Recipe
    You'll see this page
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator

Thanks!
  • Schila64
    Options

It's a little book that I have for pizza.
    This is the recipe
    1/2 Cup Of Flour ( I buy 00 Flour)
    1/2 Tsp Salt
    1 Tsp Yeast
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    1/2 to 2/3 Cups of Warm Water.
    I dissolve the yeast in a little bit of warm water and let rest for 10 min. Then I add to the flour with the rest of ing and knead. Let rise 1 hour and then make my pizza.
    I bake it in a Pizza Stone with oven at 515 degrees.

Here are other pictures that I found of pizzas that I have made and preparing the dough with ingredients9hdueo4smwiv.jpg
    qginlua0fp69.jpg
    48poz6zlrysc.jpg

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »

This is the recipe
    1/2 Tsp Salt
    1 Tsp Yeast
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    I dissolve the yeast in a little bit of warm water and let rest for 10 min. Then I add to the flour with the rest of ing and knead. Let rise 1 hour and then make my pizza.

Here are other pictures that I found of pizzas that I have made and preparing the dough with ingredients9hdueo4smwiv.jpg
    qginlua0fp69.jpg
    48poz6zlrysc.jpg

The pizza stones make a big difference. I'm a complete convert to them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Plug everything in the recipe calculator, weigh your pizza when it's cooked and enter that as the number of servings... then weigh your slice and enter that as the number of servings you ate.

I made some last week end and just ended up making a smaller one for me... just did a recipe for the dough and weighed my piece, then entered the ingredients I used.

On a side note - how do you all manage to make them so nicely round? Mine always end up 'weird' shaped.
  • Schila64
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    On a side note - how do you all manage to make them so nicely round? Mine always end up 'weird' shaped.
    I shape them into round balls when is time to rise so when is ready all I do is flatten it out and start to stretch to the side :D
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    In for pizza
  • Schila64
    Options
    Definitely making pizza this weekend...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Two questions for you: how much is half a cup of flour? Weighing everything in grams I haven't the slightest what a cup is or how much.
    And 515 degrees C? Phew.. how could I make pizza in an oven that only goes up to 250 degrees C? Will it work?
  • runner475
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »

This is the recipe
    1/2 Tsp Salt
    1 Tsp Yeast
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil

qginlua0fp69.jpg
    48poz6zlrysc.jpg

Thank you so much.