Homemade Pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Looks great! Two questions for you: how much is half a cup of flour? Weighing everything in grams I haven't the slightest what a cup is or how much.
    And 515 degrees C? Phew.. how could I make pizza in an oven that only goes up to 250 degrees C? Will it work?
    A half a cup of flour is about 60-65 grams. Also, the oven temperature is 515 degF, which is 268 degC. The recipe should still work at 250 degC, but it might take a little longer to cook.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Looks great! Two questions for you: how much is half a cup of flour? Weighing everything in grams I haven't the slightest what a cup is or how much.
    And 515 degrees C? Phew.. how could I make pizza in an oven that only goes up to 250 degrees C? Will it work?
    A half a cup of flour is about 60-65 grams. Also, the oven temperature is 515 degF, which is 268 degC. The recipe should still work at 250 degC, but it might take a little longer to cook.
    Correct ACHEBEN. I swear by the pizza stone. The outcome is the best.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    Cool! I know what we'll be doing over the weekend, provided the yeast is still good. And then we still have a very special bottle of gin (Monkey 47) that we still haven't opened yet. Still no pizzastone, but anyway, lets improvise and see how it turns out. Oh, and anchovies!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    We use pizza stones for our homemade pizza as well.
    To calculate calories I just take the calories in the flour, tomato sauce, and toppings and calculate a portion of the total amount.
  • haninesloss
    haninesloss Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh my. That looks divine. What cheese did you use? Just mozzarella?
  • Schila64
    Options
    Oh my. That looks divine. What cheese did you use? Just mozzarella?
    Plain Mozzarella.... Yummm . Made them again last night. Over did it with my 1260 cal per day but I'm back on track :)

• Schila64
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    OHH!!! My! They look so good. I <3 Anchovies.

If I may ask I'm really interested in knowing - What dough you use?
    So sorry that I just saw this . If you are still around I'll pass you my own recipe
  • Schila64
    Options
    w3hsniv1evu1.jpg
    Made this one this past weekend . Shrimp Pesto Pizza. This is my favorite from now on
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Yay for homemade pizza!!! We love pizza in my house and make it every Saturday. I just made my dough for tomorrow. I let mine ferment in the fridge for 24 hours. I have found it makes a big difference in the taste of the crust. I just pull it out of the fridge about 2-3 hours before making to get it to room temp.

I never believed in the hype about "00" or "caputo" flour for crust, but I caved and bought some. Definitely worth switching from AP or bread flour.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As others have said, I enter individual ingredients in to my diary. If there is a particular type that I make more often, I put it into a recipe format.

I use lavash as my crust. Love it. Thin and crispy.qd6hgxb6x3sh.jpg
    b4ka2qtiq98x.jpg
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    What time is dinner? I love anchovies!
  • Schila64
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I never believed in the hype about "00" or "caputo" flour for crust, but I caved and bought some. Definitely worth switching from AP or bread flour.

I've used 00 flour and Bread Flour . Honestly it doesn't make much difference than AP Flour . Here at home , I like thin crusty pizza and the recipe I use is very simple, knead and let leaven for 1 hour . Have heard about the fermented one with a starter dough , but for me seems like to much work . Can you share your recipe ? :)
  • Schila64
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »
    I use lavash as my crust. Love it. Thin and crispy.
    What is lavash ?? Looks yummy

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Looks yum!

If I make pizza, I eat the whole thing, so I just log all the ingredients separately :)
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Love homemade pizza. I'm on my phone but I use Jennycancook's method with a wholegrain crust. No kneading and you make it in a cast iron skillet. Simple and easy. I also use the recipe builder and just log by slice although I always eat a whole pizza and make them in 3 different sizes. If I'm eating with someone else I make 2 or 3.
  • pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    Recipe builder, divide by number of slices. If it's too late and I didn't measure ingredients precisely, I'll just use whatever entry seems close.

All these pizza photos are making me drooooool.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »
    Emily3907 wrote: »

I've used 00 flour and Bread Flour . Honestly it doesn't make much difference than AP Flour . Here at home , I like thin crusty pizza and the recipe I use is very simple, knead and let leaven for 1 hour . Have heard about the fermented one with a starter dough , but for me seems like to much work . Can you share your recipe ? :)

I just use this recipe. Very similar in that it only calls for about an 90 mins. of rising. I just found that by leaving it in the fridge for 24 hours after the first rise, it makes a big difference in taste.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/prime-time-pizza-dough