I keep over indulging

2»

Replies

• Racheldasilva174
    Racheldasilva174 Posts: 87 Member
    I had a terrible weekend and I really overate all the yummy food that I love but we can get back on track because that keeps us going and keeps us losing and we can do it is just a matter of realizing that it's natural to go off track it's part of the process. Expect the bad days it happens to all of us. The key is that weeks get up pick ourselves up and start going again. To keep myself going strong I placed posted notes above my kitchen sink that I can see every day of all the positive comments I've gotten from family and friends whatever it takes whatever works, do it for you to keep going. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with junk food, I'll try to push myself past negative thoughts and keep going!
  • Racheldasilva174
    Racheldasilva174 Posts: 87 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think you may to speak with a professional

I'm ok, I don't have any problems with food just my over indulgences. Thanks for the useless advice though.

So over indulgences that make you want to throw it back up aren't "problems with food". Whatever they are, I wish you well.

Thanks.
  • caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi,
    From what I can see you're under eating which is what leads to over indulgence in other foods. If you think you need therapy (and only you can know) then go get it - you don't need to tell your family. There are also self-help books and a good one is 'Overcoming binge eating' which is all about all types of eating disorders.

If you're simply concerned about over eating I would write a plan in the morning that is sustainable and each meal should include fat, carbs and protein. Eat every 3 hours and stop eating when you're satisfied. If you want something sweet after dinner and you're NOT hungry then distract yourself for half an hour and say if I want it in half an hour I can have it then. If you want something after a meal and you're HUNGRY then have something healthy.
    If you try to overcome cravings when you're hungry you will not be able to, there are physiological mechanisms that are built in to stop us from doing this.
    Good luck.