Do you log everything?

Options
I'm sorry if it has been asked before.
Do you log every bit of exercise? Cleaning etc.
I tend to not log and just take it as a bonus loss.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I only log purposeful exercise and nothing else.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Cleaning isn't exercise
  • TankTop1231
    TankTop1231 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I only log purposeful exercise. I do not even log steps taken. I figure it helps make up for the few fries I steal from my kids plate. Lol!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I log exercise, but not every move I make. Ask yourself why you're logging. If it's a record keeping thing, then log whatever you wish. If you're doing it to "earn extra calories" (to eat) then you need to be careful. To lose weight, you need to burn more than you consume. Your body doesn't care if you log or not, it only cares about the calorie deficit.

Most(?) people don't eat back all of their exercise calories anyway because the estimates of calories burned tends to be high. So people tend to eat back approx 50%.

Try logging/eating a certain way that feels right to you. Do that for 2 weeks and check your results. Then you can adjust up or down as suits your logging, eating, and goals.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Your normal Day to Day activities are already base loaded into average TDEE so to log them would be Double Dipping into the Calories Burned Pool and give you a false sense of what you have burned.
    As @64crayons
    64crayons wrote: »
    I log exercise, but not every move I make. // Your body doesn't care if you log or not, it only cares about the calorie deficit.
    Most(?) people don't eat back all of their exercise calories anyway because the estimates of calories burned tends to be high. So people tend to eat back approx 50%.
    Try logging/eating a certain way that feels right to you. Do that for 2 weeks and check your results. Then you can adjust up or down as suits your logging, eating, and goals.

If you overestimate your exercise calories and then eat 100% of the calories back there is a good chance that you will be overeating - and then your Body will log those Extra calories in the form of Extra Pounds. That is how most of us ended up with the Extra weight on our bodies.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I only log my exercise on the bike...not calories used from weights. I also don't add walking or daily tasks, steps etc.,,,unless extra ordinary (ie walking 6km home from an appointment).