Sudden body odor? Help!!

2»

Replies

• bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    I am a vegetarian. I never have sweat or underarm odor.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Stress
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    If you aren't eating carbs, it's probably ketosis.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ditto for being vegetarian and body odor.
    I have seriously cut down, and smell so little I use the cheap deodorant.
    Just realized that. Thanx bella.
    * I hate, hate, hate Herbalife. My mom sells it in Florida.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited February 2016
    CaitlinW19 wrote: »
    If you aren't eating carbs, it's probably ketosis.

This is exactly it. When you start Keto sometimes your breath smells awful, I'm not sure about body odor. If you're only eating meat and no/very low carbs then you've entered ketosis.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Gosh, he is low carb if the images above show his normal typical day... Ketosis maybe? And all that meat?

I may bleed protein if that is all I am getting in my diet each day...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I had the same issue--and some unfortunate acne as an added bonus--while I was losing weight. Adipose tissue is involved in the storing, converting and releasing the sex hormones--losing weight causes some disruption in homeostasis and that can cause changes in body odor.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,789 Member
    I am a vegetarian. I never have sweat or underarm odor.
    Ditto for being vegetarian and body odor.
    I have seriously cut down, and smell so little I use the cheap deodorant.
    Just realized that. Thanx bella.
    * I hate, hate, hate Herbalife. My mom sells it in Florida.

That's interesting. I'm a vegetarian, sweat copiously (when I earn it), and do have underarm odor if conditions are right (well, only one arm; the other one's sweat glands are kinda dead from radiation). Maybe I'd need to be vegan to stop sweating and smelling. ;) Or maybe 41 years on this way of eating just isn't long enough.

My kung fu teacher did say that vegetarians smell different. But he's kind of an unusual guy in some ways, so I tended to discount it . . . .
  • paulcenso
    paulcenso Posts: 55 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your specific body odor problem is stemming from...

I don't see any foods like hot spicy things, cruciferous/sulphur rich vegetables, etc. that would contribute to it.

The only thing i wanted to suggest was:
    1.) For god's sake man, you are eating (in my opinion) way too much meat. All i can think of is how bad your digestion must be and how much saturated fats you must be eating. Jesus. You are eating an animal product (only from what i can see) for EVERY SINGLE MEAL.
    2.) Add some fruits/veggies to your diet to ensure you are even remotely meeting your micronutrient and fiber goals.
    3.) Wash your body with an antibacterial body wash and soap twice a day.
    4.) use a prescription strength deodorant and feel free to do so in areas other than just your pits
    5.) drink more water

I eat some form of animal based protein during 90-100% of my meals (e.g., bacon/eggs/sausage/cheese with breakfast, meat and/or cheese in snacks, meat at nearly every supper - I can count on two hands the number of times I had meat-free suppers last year). Always have, as in since childhood. More, in fact when I was low carb. My digestion is perfect. Always has been. I suffer from exactly zero GIT related maladies. And, yes, I eat a lot of saturated fat. Elevated LDL, sure. Yet I also have an elevated HDL, too. So what, no statin ever in my future. And, yes, I realize this is anecdote. But so is yours.

I could write more about the above list of suggestions, but will refrain. :)

OT? OP, it is possible if you are eating effectively low/no carb to be in ketosis. It's a well known/documented cause of off body and breath odors. Google is your friend, here. :)

I didn't say he ate some form of protein during his meals. I said the only thing he is eating is animal protein.

2mdfdz4.jpg

I'd love to hear your response to my other points.

He is literally getting 0 fruits and veg in his diet. NOR is he getting fiber and (from what i can see) the proper vitamins/minerals.
    I'm not sure what your specific body odor problem is stemming from...

I don't see any foods like hot spicy things, cruciferous/sulphur rich vegetables, etc. that would contribute to it.

The only thing i wanted to suggest was:
    1.) For god's sake man, you are eating (in my opinion) way too much meat. All i can think of is how bad your digestion must be and how much saturated fats you must be eating. Jesus. You are eating an animal product (only from what i can see) for EVERY SINGLE MEAL.
    2.) Add some fruits/veggies to your diet to ensure you are even remotely meeting your micronutrient and fiber goals.
    3.) Wash your body with an antibacterial body wash and soap twice a day.
    4.) use a prescription strength deodorant and feel free to do so in areas other than just your pits
    5.) drink more water

I eat some form of animal based protein during 90-100% of my meals (e.g., bacon/eggs/sausage/cheese with breakfast, meat and/or cheese in snacks, meat at nearly every supper - I can count on two hands the number of times I had meat-free suppers last year). Always have, as in since childhood. More, in fact when I was low carb. My digestion is perfect. Always has been. I suffer from exactly zero GIT related maladies. And, yes, I eat a lot of saturated fat. Elevated LDL, sure. Yet I also have an elevated HDL, too. So what, no statin ever in my future. And, yes, I realize this is anecdote. But so is yours.

I could write more about the above list of suggestions, but will refrain. :)

OT? OP, it is possible if you are eating effectively low/no carb to be in ketosis. It's a well known/documented cause of off body and breath odors. Google is your friend, here. :)

I didn't say he ate some form of protein during his meals. I said the only thing he is eating is animal protein.

2mdfdz4.jpg

I'd love to hear your response to my other points.

He is literally getting 0 fruits and veg in his diet. NOR is he getting fiber and (from what i can see) the proper vitamins/minerals.

Sorry for late response I actually eat fruit everyday I just don't log them because to me they don't count
  • paulcenso
    paulcenso Posts: 55 Member
    And for everyone's information I bounce back and forth from no Carb to normal eating frequently.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Probably fruity Keto smells.

I smell like Calcium because of the supplements I am on. You'd think smelling like concrete wouldn't be that bad but it gets old.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    If your clothes washing situation hasn't changed, this might not be it. When I was living in an apartment that had a laundry facility you had to pay to use, I was not using enough detergent and filling the washers up too much. I had an armpit stank that I could not figure out the cause of. Turns out I was just not washing my clothes properly -.- (gross, I'm a girl, I should know better lol) Now I have a washer and dryer in my apartment and haven't had an issue since.

By the way, you're looking great! Congrats!