Healthy breakfast on the go?

Options
2»

Replies

• simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »
    Please share favorite healthy breakfast recipes for a busy morning! Eggs, oats, whatever you got! Preferably high protein

Love your teeth, what whitening solution do you use?
    Please share favorite healthy breakfast recipes for a busy morning! Eggs, oats, whatever you got! Preferably high protein

Love your teeth, what whitening solution do you use?

• simmoner4
    Options
    @csillabrimer978 just crest whitening strips! I actually was in an accident and a few of the front ones are fake but I use crest to get the real ones to match the fake ones haha
  • simmoner4
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • punimsma
    punimsma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make a crustless quiche on Sunday and cut into slices. Heat in the microwave for a minute and eat in the car.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    A slice of Toast, slice of bread or a corn tortilla with pnut butter and Bananna!

My favorite is a hard boiled egg and two cuties.
  • SalemMom97304
    SalemMom97304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a 148 calorie turkey bacon, egg & cheese muffin. 2 slices turkey bacon (50 calories), 1 egg (70 calories) and 1 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese (28 calories). I cook the bacon, chop and put in the bottom of a muffin tin. Beat 1 egg with white pepper and pour over the bacon. Sprinkle chees on top and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. I do 12 at a time and zip-lock & freeze them. I take 2 our each morning and microwave for 60 seconds. I also do another version with turkey sausage - that one is 131 calories each.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Zozzle91 wrote: »
    Make some overnight oats! Rather than plain oats I tend to use Alpen as its even quicker! Put in a round Tupperware. Cover with milk or a dairy free alternative then top with fruit! I like kiwi or banana.
    Leave in a fridge over night and BAM something filling to grab in the morning.

yep I have just started getting back into this. So filling ! I use normal milk, chia seeds, almonds and walnuts but might change that next time.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I made a egg white frittata that even with 4 servings (depending on your filling) it's not bad calorie wise at all. The basics of the recipe is 8 egg whites, whatever spices you want, whatever veggies you want (I did frozen spinach, leftover steamed carrots and frozen leeks - sautee to take out the moisture of veggies), whip the egg whites until combined, fold in veggies, pour into a 8X12 or 10 inch pie pan, bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a banana and a granola bar.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Glass of skim milk, slice of multi-grain bread with peanut butter, banana.

Oatmeal is also pretty quick. Put it on to cook, then go get dressed or gather your things.
    I like to have walnuts & fruit in mine (usually apple or raisins). Also ground flax seeds.
    Use skim milk, or soy milk.
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a quick grab and go breakfast person too. Here's some I made last week and am loving. I put the Breakfast Quesadillas and the Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups in the freezer and just heat in the microwave for a minute. The overnight oats are kept in the fridge and eaten cold.

Frozen Breakfast Quesadillas
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/frozen-breakfast-quesadillas

Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups
    http://iowagirleats.com/2012/02/16/mini-ham-cheese-quinoa-cups/

Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
    http://domesticate-me.com/vegan-peanut-butter-and-banana-overnight-oats/
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sausage and egg sandwich. Mmmmm
  • Shawna0427
    Shawna0427 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @csillabrimer978 just crest whitening strips! I actually was in an accident and a few of the front ones are fake but I use crest to get the real ones to match the fake ones haha

Ok...now I'm adding those to my grocery list too!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    3 minutes to make..

Toasted English Muffin, egg white (microwave or fry) and cheese....yummy, with protein and ready to go...
  • ellenavegan
    ellenavegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My staples a banana and strawberry smoothie, just blend 2-3 bananas with some strawberrys, 1 cup soy or coconut milk and a tsp vanilla! It's so delicious and you can take it on the go!! Also cruelty free ;)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My fam LOVES breakfast burritos... I make big batches every other week, freeze em' individually (wrapped in wax paper) and grab, nuke and go.... I use Egg Beaters, turkey sausage, peppers, onions, jalapenos, low fat cheese.

^^ I have also done this, and it's great! I thought the burrito would be soggy, but it was not :)
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I made a egg white frittata that even with 4 servings (depending on your filling) it's not bad calorie wise at all. The basics of the recipe is 8 egg whites, whatever spices you want, whatever veggies you want (I did frozen spinach, leftover steamed carrots and frozen leeks - sautee to take out the moisture of veggies), whip the egg whites until combined, fold in veggies, pour into a 8X12 or 10 inch pie pan, bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

I do exactly this, but I pour it into a muffin tin. Two "muffins" are a filling and low calorie serving.