decent low calorie pasta?

Options
13»

Replies

• Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Instead of typical UK portion of 75g I usually go with 50 or 60 then bulk it out with tomatoes/veg depending if hot or cold meal. Slightly less cals but not feeling too deprived! I noticed in France the suggested serving size on my bag of penne was 60g so not sure why it's so much more for us greedy Brits!!!

Weird -- is that dry? In the US it's generally 2 oz (56-57 g). That's plenty for me, although I also bulk it out with lots of veg in the sauce I made.

Yep that's dry!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My grocery store has egg white pasta. It's pretty low calorie and mostly protein. I don't even eat regular pasta anymore, even when trying to gain weight.
  • bjade18
    bjade18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My grocery store has egg white pasta. It's pretty low calorie and mostly protein. I don't even eat regular pasta anymore, even when trying to gain weight.

This. I eat the egg white pasta too. It's 300 calories for 2 cups which isn't bad. It's a good portion of pasta and fills me up!
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I really like Black Bean Spaghetti (from Amazon, or Holland and Barrett) - I'd choose it over 'normal' pasta on taste, never mind nutrition.
    It's 180cal per serving and that's got 25g protein and 12g fibre.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Try Edemame noodles. They are still about 200 cal per serving, but the macros are impressive (11g fiber & 24g protein)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    Have you weighed out a 2oz portion of DRY pasta and then cooked it? Its really not that bad. Its a decent size portion.

It really is! I used to be a pasta fiend, and I really do feel satisfied with the proper portion of pasta. I add veggies to my pasta dish or just on the side and make sure I have protein as well so my tummy gets full without eating half a pound of pasta.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Ronzoni 150 is pretty good, or that Fiber Gourmet pasta which is pretty low cal.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Creamette 150
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I like pasta and I weight it out and have it. I also like spaghetti squash with a hearty sauce. If you want pasta, plan your day for it. You can make it fit in your dairy.
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spiraling carrots and sautéing them with shrimp and Alfredo sauce. (Seriously is my favorite meal)
    When I'm craving something baked and cheesy, I'm bake a spaghetti squash with marinara and cheese on top.
    And I often eat real pasta too. Angel hair. And work it into my calories. It's not really that much
    Shiritaki noodles are expensive and not a "pasta" substitute.
    Kelp noodles are not a pasta sub either, but they do make a great very low calorie filler.
    Zucchini noodles I have a bad habit of over cooking. I don't like them with marinara because it gets so watery. However I do like to slice them into thin strips and use them in place of pasta in lasagna.
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already or not... But I've started using edamame noodles and black bean noodles! You can order them on Amazon! They fill you up and satisfy the pasta craving! Plus it's good protein! You can also try cooking up a spaghetti squash!