WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Happy Mardi Gras! Having some issues with my ankles the past few days, so I haven't been walking my normal daily mileage! Kind of bumming, but hoping it is just needing new shoes.

Sylvia- You must have a lot of patience to be able to juggle your frustrated son and energetic grand kids. Hats off to you and hang in there!

Pip- Love your reply to CCSJ09's picture! Bangin' is right! Also, love the pic of you and Kirby! You look so happy!

CCSJ09-I love the dress and you look stunning in it!

Allie- Hang in there with Tom! My hubby is getting the same way, as he gets older. Some days I feel like I am walking on egg shells. I wonder if men have an equivalent to menopause...that must be their problem.

I have my house decorated to celebrate Mardi Gras with my kiddos. Purple, yellow, and green crepe hanging, masks hanging and ready to be decorated by kids, balloons, fleur de lis...this year I am doing something a little different than making Kings Cake with them. We are making individual cakes for each child, so that I don't have all of that leftover cake in my house! Whoever finds the baby in their cake will be "King for the day" tomorrow.

Welcome to all of the new friends!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :p
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    CSSJ09 – Great-looking dress. Dresses like his are very flattering on it. Nothing makes you feel better than a new dress; especially, bought to wear ‘out in public’ I’ve been thrilled when I have taken in some clothes that needed to be altered to the ‘tailor’ who I use; I need to take some back. He told me that I needed to wait to until I am closer to my goal weight. Will be talking to nurse/MD to find out what my goal weight to figure out how much I should lose and still look healthy’

I think both my DH and I realized this past weekend how we both have been hurting with not be able to do to go to the bathroom. He is supposed to go to his urologist the end of the month; I will go back to GYN in mid-March for a cystoscopy; then maybe they can figure out what is going on with me after that test. Seems like the last time I had this done was several years ago; and, he discovered that my bladder was smaller than it should be and was having non-stop spasms. I'm peeing 'ok' now; but, still feeling constipated even though I've taken something for that ... still has not working like it should be

Welcome to all the newbies. Please tell us what you'd like to be called; and where you live (general or specific, and about your family, hobbies and all that.

To all have been here - keep chunking along -- we know what you are going through; wish we could be there to give you {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Love to all of you!
    Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :p
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :)CSSJ09, you look awesome in that dress...celebrate your awesomeness

B) I finally got an e mail that there are results from the blood test (the one with ten vials of blood) that was done on January 21....I haven't looked at the results because I won't understand them and might possibly get upset by what I see so I'll wait a day and if I haven't heard from the doctor, I'll call and ask when he wants to see me to explain the results.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Now I'm off to do one of my favorite things--walk dogs and listen to audio books (currently a Jesse Stone book by Robert B. Parker)

<3 Barbie from chilly NW Washington
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

CSS ... You look great in the dress!

Barbie ... I recently received the results of some blood work ... My doctor never followed up with a report, so I spent hours looking things up. I'll be having a discussion about that next time I see her ... I hope you get good news with yours.

Have a great day, ladies!

Beth near Buffalo
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh happy day!!! ;)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning ladies... today I will see how long I can concentrate on something without having to have a nap.... I hope to go back to work tomorrow. Must stop taking all that crappy over the counter cold medications, I haven't taken them for a few years, they give me burning BM's .... need to get over that today too... sure don't want to spend my work day in the bathroom....

Later everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan - where the temp today will be +3 Celsius.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

well, today is the day... I'm gonna ride home from work. was going to do it yesterday but I had 2 panniers and my bags were a bit heavy for the first ride home. I could have done it but this is the first ride since the accident and I wanted to be carrying a lighter load ESPECIALLY since there are some serious hills that I have to climb. if I stand up on the bike (works the shoulder more) I want to do it on a lighter bike. we will see how this goes., will be around 10 mi. I'm looking on the bright side, more calories to burn :0)
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Dear Ladies,
    Thank you all for the wonderful remarks about the dress. I finally see progress. It is the first and only clingy dress i can remember wearing since university days. Reading your compliments will make it easier for to lose the last 20 pounds and work on getting muscles. I used to have an exercise buddy and that made it hard to skip a single day regardless of the reason.

I am very interested in the relationship between weight loss, clutter and minimalism. Terri in Ireland and her organizing has spurred me to put together some information about minimalism, something that I have been trying to practice for over 15 years. I will start a new thread on this club for anyone interested and let everyone know the url.

Lenora, your idea of brackets for Becca's tennis racket earring holder is a great idea.
    Allie I hate to even suggest this for Tom, but...has he been evaluated by a neurologist? Personality and mood changes are often the earliest signs of something physical, long before gross physical symptoms appear. I am not saying that Tom has anything like this but it could be something really minor that needs a tiny tweak that will make a huge difference.

I am waiting for someone to show up for a meeting scheduled for an hour ago. Yesterday, she canceled. I will reread your lovely comments about my weight loss and use that as ammunition to stay away for the munchies always out for guests. They are all healthy and include fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts but it all adds up.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    CSSJ09 ~ Late to comment, but you look fabulous. I haven't worn a dress in years. No waistline and hate the way I look.

Joyce ~ Your words to Sylvia are so wise. You show such understanding for a totally bad situation.

Lenora ~ It's too bad that your DIL and DOS live right next to you. Too much closeness is not good.

I went to the dentist (which I commented on yesterday) and it was not a bad experience except I had to wait forever for her to do the work after I had x-rays. I am shocked that everything in her office is computerized from signing in to digital x-rays to paying, etc. When I see all that, it just makes me think that a bucket full of money has gone into the business and I wonder how they actually make money paying for the equipment and the staff.

Carol
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,
    Fighting another nasty cold...
    Honest to goodness this is ridiculous.. I am trying to keep things on the up and up.
    And yes I agree there could be something going on with Tom but he is stubborn and pigheaded and won't go unless he can't move..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Hallo everyone!

Finally recovering from my jab. Feeling my energy return. :) It always reminds me, when I feel like that, how hard some people have it who have debilitating illnesses. <3 The yoga this morning got rid of most of the remaining sore arm

Went to dentist in the afternoon. All is well, so just a cleaning. :D

Then instead of doing my writing >:) I came home and made lamb and turnip stew and then went online to look up learning Norwegian. I have a book, but was sure I was mispronouncing everything. Found a series of lessons on Utube by a young woman which is perfect. Listened to three lessons. There are a few more so I'm happy. :D I just want the basics, but obviously want to say it correctly. She is totally bilingual.

Still no post from Michele. <3

No pancakes today for us. :'( I can't be trusted around them and I have to be extra careful on yoga days as it doesn't burn many calories.

Love to all. Heather UK

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Got call from Charlie's GI doctor. He is now C Diff negative again!!!!!! So now I have to schedule his infusion again. Another $571 expense. I wish I didn't wake up so exhausted. Feel like I could go take a nap and sleep 3 hours.

I can't remember who was wearing that black and white dress, but WOWZA! I couldn't see a face though. I would imagine when you walk in a room, all eyes would be on the dress and figure. Congrats.

Joyce, Indiana
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I just read Heather's comment about pancakes. I can't remember the last time I had pancakes. :neutral: Well, actually the boy child shared a taste of one of his a couple of days ago, but a gluten-free pancake with no butter and no syrup simply doesn't count!!

Don't have too much to say. Just slogging along and dealing with a lot of joint pain. However I did realize this morning that I had missed three days of thyroid meds so I need to be grateful that painful joints is the only problem I'm having!

Boy child is looking at a truck tomorrow. I so hope it meets with his approval. I'm really tired of not having transportation!

Back to work I go...

Carol in NC

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats-3X7X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X9X 30

I went back up to the 30 pound kettle bell and had no issues today with my hip or leg!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Lost 3 more pounds; and 1 more point and BMI. Thrilled! Then went back to GYN to be checked rectally; not the most pleasant thing her does. At least I don't have a blockage. Told me to get a bottle of Magnesium Citrate and take it when I got home; and, then take the Mirilax every night ... until it starts looking like it can be passed easier. Told me to call PscyheMD's office and ask them about the Geodon I take; recently had lowered the Rx to 20mg; had previously been down to 40mg (maybe - I'd have to look at it). He did not want me to change it until after I have talked to him. I hope I get an answer today, since he only sees patients on Mondays and Thursdays.

Lenora