What Running Shoes do you wear?

Options
camaxon
camaxon Posts: 17 Member
I've been a runner for about 10 years and will only wear Brooks......but I just bought a pair of Saucony(they were 1/2 off) and they feel like heaven....

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I wear Kinvara for shorter runs and Cortana for when I go long. That 4mm drop and the larger toebox on the Saucony shoes works well for me.
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have always worn Brooks Glycerin but was looking for some lighter shoes. I ended up with Saucony Kinvara 3s. I still wear my Brooks for long runs but wear Saucony for short runs/5ks.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm an Asics girl and my husband wears Saucony.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing Asics now. Started with Saucony.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenolyn (sp) 13
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Mizuno (and boy can you see me coming in them!).
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Asics runs my life they're light and comfortable I switched from nikes
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wear Vibram Five Fingers. I used to run in Nikes, these take some getting used to but now that I'm used to them I love them.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Asics Nimbus for both short and long runs....LOVE THEM!
    I do use orthotics in them and the ppl at the running store noted that I should be using the Kayano's instead as they provide more support.
    I used to be a Nike girl...no more.
    Thinking of trying some others so recommendations are welcomed!
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    New Balance are the only ones that I've found that work for me. I went to the New Balance store and had my feet evaluated (?) and they sold me inserts to correct my weirdness (I tend to walk on the outsides of my feet) and they are the BEST. I tried. other brands and had to go back to New Balance.
  • redyo
    redyo Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my Asics. :smile:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Saucony Cortanas. I like Brooks, too. HATE Nikes, they make my toes go numb.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I have wide feet. I'm guessing its from wearing heavy work boots for 20 years.

The most comfortable shoes ive worn have been New Ballance, but i found they were no good for running in.

I just brought a pair of Asics, and they have been great.

Cant find a Pair of Nike, Adidas ect that fit me.

I also had bad shin splints before i brought these. Don't know if their the reason i don't get them anymore, but its seemed to really help.

Would still say New Ballance are my favourite for comfort tho.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Had saucony ( fitted by running store) but gave me problems so now haver brooks Ghosts and love them. Only had them a few weeks but seen another pair in the sale and tempted to get them while they are cheap.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Brooks adrenaline 12's and brooks Ravenna 4's. have a mild over pronation on one foot and they are comfy. I also suffer from plantar faciitis.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    These are mine...it's not a REAL running shoe if it doesn't catch your eye...right? ;-D

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/mizuno-wave-inspire-9-women-s-running-shoes-ss13-1806.html
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Asics gel nimbus, I swear by them but I've just ordered a pair of nike 3.0s I like the idea of barefoot running.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've been a runner for about 10 years and will only wear Brooks......but I just bought a pair of Saucony(they were 1/2 off) and they feel like heaven....

I wear Saucony, they are magic to me. The only trainers, I have ever been able to run outdoors in without getting shin splints.

Beautiful running shoes!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Rider 13's are my go to, but I can't find them any longer. I have a pair of 16's but I'm not real fond of them.

I use Brooks Launch for a lightweight trainer and races over 10K distance. Alas, these aren't being made any longer.

I use Mizuno Ronin 2 for 10K and shorter races.

I have Nike Zoom spikes for track races.

I have Solomon XR Crossmax Neutral for trail. These are just okay.

I have also used, with varying degree of success.

Mizuno Wave Rider 11's (loved these, went through about 8 pair)
    Mizuno Wave Rider 12's (hated them)
    Mizuno Wave Rider 14's (terrible)
    Brooks Ghost 5 (these were passable. I did about 600 miles in them but never loved them)
    Mizuno Wave Precision 10 (these were good lightweight trainers)
    Mizuno Wave Precision 11 (didn't care for these at all)
    Under Armour Apperition 2 (yuck)
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am getting into that dangerous territory where I have more shoes than my wife! Anyway, in order of preference: Saucony Virrata (2 pair), Altra Samson, Mizuno Cursoris, Altra Torin and Asic Nimbus Gel. For me, the last two are not wearable for running and I am souring on the Mizuno's. The asics aren't bad for knocking around in, but I can't run in them. Looking to try some innov8's and maybe a Merrell or New Balance minimal shoe.