What Running Shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Nikes..went through 3 pairs of Vomero 7's for marathon training, ran my marathon in Vomero 8's..use Nike Frees for short runs up to 6 miles.

I tried asics once and it felt like strapping a gigantic marshmallow on my foot...no need for me to wear anything else.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Currently wearing the Nike Structure; pretty nice shoe. Light weight and really doesn't feel like anything.

Already decided on my next shoe though.. The Adidas adistar Boost. Feels like heaven on the feet.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus. Comfortable, padded, and FLEXIBLE. I land right and I can feel a natural flex in my foot like when I run barefoot, vs. running in non-running shoes (even other Asics models, like their support models that I wear for work).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Saucony for me
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Does merrell make a running shoe? their hikers are perfect for my feet.
    have been running in adidas and am just trying a pair of new balance - mixed feelings on those.
    my old adidas were the best for running so far - i went to get the same model again and they changed the plastic in the sole and it's way too stiff now... (grumble grumble grumble)
    for the next pair, i may dare spend a bit more and get them fitted.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Nimbus.....my current pair are neon yellow, you can see my feet a mile away!
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just switched to Brooks Ghosts. My feet were giving major grief every time I walked and the Brooks running shoes were recommended because they'd give my feet a little more TLC than your basic walking sneaker. So far, so good!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Does merrell make a running shoe? their hikers are perfect for my feet.
    have been running in adidas and am just trying a pair of new balance - mixed feelings on those.
    my old adidas were the best for running so far - i went to get the same model again and they changed the plastic in the sole and it's way too stiff now... (grumble grumble grumble)
    for the next pair, i may dare spend a bit more and get them fitted.

Merrell running shoes: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MERRELLM.html

I have couple pair of hikers, and I agree, they are perfect!
  • tk2007
    tk2007 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    FILA Skeletoes (those toe shoes that look like feet). Helps me achieve a more natural run.

I had to move to that because normal running shoes damaged my knees.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Brooks glycerin. Loved my Nikes too but Brooks are best for HIIT Runs.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Asics runs my life they're light and comfortable I switched from nikes

Same here.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Asics are my shoe of choice :)
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Inspire. I switched from Asics. My feet are tiny and narrow and Mizuno is the only brand I have found that fit correctly.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Brooks Ghost 3 and a pair of Brooks Ghost 4. I can't run any kind of real distance in the 4s, but they're great on the treadmill and for HIIT. I like the 3s for 5-10K.
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    Asics Gel-Kinsei 4, I love them!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I am getting into that dangerous territory where I have more shoes than my wife! Anyway, in order of preference: Saucony Virrata (2 pair), Altra Samson, Mizuno Cursoris, Altra Torin and Asic Nimbus Gel. For me, the last two are not wearable for running and I am souring on the Mizuno's. The asics aren't bad for knocking around in, but I can't run in them. Looking to try some innov8's and maybe a Merrell or New Balance minimal shoe.

Been running in NB Minimus for while and found them ok. I just bought a pair of Merrell Vapor Glove and really like them. They are similar to ballet slippers. LOL
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Fitted by a running shoe store into a pair of Brooks Adrenaline 13's, had almost constant knee pain after the first couple of months on anything longer than a couple of miles. Did TONS of research on minimalist running and bought some Nike Free's and I am IN LOVE!!! (See profile pic.) They are the lightest most flexible running shoe on the market and no more knee pain. Minimalist shoes do require easing into them but they are amazing. Wish I hadn't suffered through so many runs in my Brooks.

Side note: it cracks me up to hear people say they'll never run in a particular brand ever again after one shoe. I would absolutely give Brooks another shot if they made a shoe that suited my needs. Things I like best about my Nike Free's: lightweight, flexible, roomy toe box, small number of eyelets that lace up lower vs. almost on my ankle like many "traditional" running shoes do, did I mention pain free running?! ????????

ETA: the Saucony's (glides or rides) were a close runner up for me.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am currently loving my New Balance Minimus!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Mizuno (and boy can you see me coming in them!).

They are very colorful and I have been tempted to try them. I read many good reviews on them.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Adidas Supernova Glide 4. The 5 is out now, but I bought 6 pairs of the 4s, so I won't have to worry about that for another year.