Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    all tea is low or no calorie

i like orange tea, personally. i used ot put honey in it, but rarely do so anymore
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love tea! My favorite places to get it are Teavana (a little spendy) or David's Tea (a little less spendy!). I'm not a huge fan of green tea myself, but I will drink a black or rooibos tea any day. My suggestion is to try a sampler pack or go into a store and taste samples to get a feel for what you like. I'm not sure if it's a proven benefit, but I feel that tea is very soothing for my digestive system. I have IBS, and drinking tea seems to calm things down a little. :)
  • sineadc94
    sineadc94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Check if you have a t2 in your area or check out their website and see if they ship to you. I love all their teas and there are so many to try out you never get sick of them, plus in warmer weather most also make really nice iced tea.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I just want to call out the obvious that if you like coffee and the only thing keeping you from drinking it is the caffeine, it does come in decaf.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    I love a Rooibos tea - its popular in Africa, where it is also called Red Bush Tea. Its basically leaves and twigs! But it has a bit of a tang almost like a citrus flavour, and I enjoy it and dont even log it. Otherwise its milk and sweetener in an Earl Grey (black tea) for less than 20 cals per mug.

We have bags of various roobios teas at home....every imaginable flavour.

Alternately I grow a ton of peppermint and dry bags of it for tea in the winter
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Go hang out at a David's Tea and explore... or host a party for a Steeped Tea rep - both good ways to check out a huge variety. I use teas as a way to keep my sweet cravings in check, and I buy a lot of fruit flavors. I sweeten them with Splenda, PureVia, or sometimes honey. To me, all tea tastes like water until it is sweetened - I have never found one I like all on its own.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I just want to call out the obvious that if you like coffee and the only thing keeping you from drinking it is the caffeine, it does come in decaf.

:D
  • trumpetsarecool
    trumpetsarecool Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Most unsweetened tea contains 0 calories. I love hot tea and I usually drink 3-5 cups a day! I love green, black, chai, and passion tea from Tazo. You can get a sample pack of tea from the grocery store for around $2 to see which flavors you prefer. I suggest sweetening it with Truvia, Stevia or raw honey/agave nectar. The great thing about tea is that it acts as a detoxification for your body; especially green tea with a little bit of lemon juice.