Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Sean O'Malley (aka the Cardio Coach) - especially due to the tragic circumstances surrounding his death. :cry:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Freddie Mercury, undoubtedly.

Yep - I still watch their Live Aid performance on occasion. What an amazing singer.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Lucy, the golden girls ( save Rose ) and Barney, Andy and Goob. i didnt lose any sleep over them, but i sure hated to see them go.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

She wasn't a fraud. She was Catholic.* She didn't waver in her beliefs and while I may not agree with them, she stuck by them to the end. Those things that sound horrible to some people, sound right for others. It doesn't mean either is right, it just means they have differing opinions. Mother Theresa just wasn't swayed by the opinions of others, and I applaud her for that.

*This is by no means saying Catholics are frauds, just that she was very religious (obviously!) and stuck to her guns. One can call her a fraud for the things she did/didn't do, but it wasn't because she was fraudulent, it was because it was her belief system and she stuck to it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.

Yup. I was shocked when I saw her true face through Penn And Teller's show. That, and I was shocked to learn that Ghandi was kind of a creepy pervert who liked to give young girls enemas.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Lucy, the golden girls ( save Rose ) and Barney, Andy and Goob. i didnt lose any sleep over them, but i sure hated to see them go.

It seems like all the actresses died so close to one another. Except Betty White, who is still kicking *kitten* and taking names.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Have you been to India? Have you seen the suffering and horrible conditions? Have you seen people walk up to her crying for help? She walked with my dad one time and on their way she saw a man fallen in the gutter. Without even thinking she bent down and tried to pick him. She couldnt, so my dad lifted him up and took him back with her where she put him on a clean bed and got nurses to clean him feed him.... Im not Catholic...ive seen her work, first hand. ....this comment you wrote is truly poisonous. Have you tried helping people even a fraction of the way she tried?
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options

I agree. I think everyone here has suffered enough from your unsolicited trolling. Back to the original thread. Nothing to see here...
  • friedmsw1
    friedmsw1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Jon-Eric Hexum
    John Ritter
    Steve Irwin
    Princess Diana
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Luther Vandross...I want to cry just thinking about it.
  • Tiffanie0407
    Tiffanie0407 Posts: 112
    Options
    MICHAEL JACKSON for me as well
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I was saddened by the death of Jim Henson!
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I agree. I think everyone here has suffered enough from your unsolicited trolling. Back to the original thread. Nothing to see here...

How am I trolling because I think she wasn't the "saint" she's made out to be? Do a little research on the woman. Crap Angelina Jolie does more for the poor than she did.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    John John - when he died I had a prt-time job loading magazines and EVERYONE put out a special edition. I was exhausted !
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    I almost never get upset over the death of a celebrity that I have no personal connection to. But there was one that really got to me. Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin.

He just seemed to be such a good person, and so committed to conservation and furthering awareness of his causes, I just took it hard when he passed.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa was not as much a fraud as running a profitable business as any other CEO. They cared about the bottom line profit. Poor people are good for business.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    Options

Have you been to India? Have you seen the suffering and horrible conditions? Have you seen people walk up to her crying for help? She walked with my dad one time and on their way she saw a man fallen in the gutter. Without even thinking she bent down and tried to pick him. She couldnt, so my dad lifted him up and took him back with her where she put him on a clean bed and got nurses to clean him feed him.... Im not Catholic...ive seen her work, first hand. ....this comment you wrote is truly poisonous. Have you tried helping people even a fraction of the way she tried?

I've helped people more. I don't belive suffering and pain and death are good things like her. The children strapped down to beds and gagged, the horrible conditions people faced in her homes. Please tell me how they are good things.she refused pain medication to dying people so they could be more like Jesus in their suffering.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

I've helped people more. I don't belive suffering and pain and death are good things like her. The children strapped down to beds and gagged, the horrible conditions people faced in her homes. Please tell me how they are good things.

ive been in the homes where she took care of the kids. And unlike how the previous poster also thinks...she didnt make it a "business" and no i guarantee you have NEVER helped people the way she has.... ...lol !! no one was ever...gagged or strapped down...you probably read that stuff written by people who already didnt like her.
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    MJ and Brittany Murphy
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    Options

I've helped people more. I don't belive suffering and pain and death are good things like her. The children strapped down to beds and gagged, the horrible conditions people faced in her homes. Please tell me how they are good things.

ive been in the homes where she took care of the kids. And unlike how the previous poster also thinks...she didnt make it a "business" and no i guarantee you have NEVER helped people the way she has.... ...lol !! no one was ever...gagged or strapped down...you probably read that stuff written by people who already didnt like her.

Ok so all the accounts of others that were in the homes is false. The person I know who's sister died in one of mother Teresa's cesspools is just making up the stuff she saw.