Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Mr. Fred Rogers. Call him corny, but there were few humans capable of such kindness. I hope there will be more. *sniff*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAcGpdmECM4d9V9EAfeeLapgM4DQRwq0JAsCabXCVZMLAsSNUoxA
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    my grandmother's. She was the star of my family and an irreplaceable, amazing woman
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Mr. Fred Rogers. Call him corny, but there were few humans capable of such kindness. I hope there will be more. *sniff*

I met him a long time ago. He was a very nice man.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    John Lennon and Princess Diana because both were so senseless.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    my grandmother's. She was the star of my family and an irreplaceable, amazing woman

What a lovely thing to say. :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Thuy Trang. Original Yellow Power Ranger.
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    Mr. Rogers. :[ That man shaped my childhood
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options

• Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Princess Di...
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I went to his public memorial service in Pittsburgh. It was a beautiful tribute.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Diana Wynne Jones. I didn't find her books until a few years after she died and was crushed when I went to look up any up coming releases.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    My mom.

She was a celebrity to me. :)
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Lucille Ball.

I grew up absolutely adoring her, watching everything she'd ever made long after she'd made them. When I was about 8, I found out (through a rag mag) that she and Desi Arnaz were dead. Mind you, she had already been dead for a few years, but I'd always thought she was young, just like in the shows I watched. It was kind of one of those "you're mortal" moments where I realized people get old and die and leave their legacy behind.

I also found out Desi was a wife- beater and an alcohol from that magazine. And that Michael Jackson had married Lisa Marie Presley. Weird day.

I grieved a bit over Elvis's and Buddy Holly's deaths long after the fact, as well. I was a weird kid :)
  • SpinCyn
    SpinCyn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Michael Jackson :( Im still not over it
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Margaret Thatcher - just joking! Trying to lighten the mood a littleL
    Ahem...Ok,I'll just get of this forum right now!, sorry for interrupting !,,,:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Cliff Burton
    Michael Hutchence
    John Lennon (I still get messed up to this day)
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    John Ritter (aortic dissection, the very same thing may get me one day - 6 minutes is all it takes)
    Nora Ephron - I didn't even realize she was ill
    John Hughes
    and most of all... Syd Barrett. :( I bawled for days when he finally passed away.

Yeah... I am a sentimental fool.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,617 Member
    Options
    All singer's for me:

Karen Carpenter
    Donna Summer
    Whitney Houston

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. She held me in her arms when i was a baby ( Im from Calcutta) She never acted like she was famous one bit. Everyone saw her walking around the streets helping people all the time. :brokenheart: We need more people like her.

Mother Teresa was a fraud. She was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction .As a result, she publicly supported policies that led directly to greater suffering among the people she had pledged to help, discouraging the use of prophylactics that could have prevented unwanted pregnancies and slowed the spread of AIDS and other STDs.

Mother Teresa’s Homes of the Dying served only to warehouse the sick in unsanitary conditions until they were too weak to protest against baptism into the Catholic faith. Lets not even get into the atrocities at her homes for the dying. The last thing we need isore people that think suffering is a good thing.
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jesus