Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    John Lennon. I was very young, but was already a Beatles fan. It was so senseless. It was difficult for me to wrap my head around it.

I don't get overly attached to celebrities, usually, but it is always sad when people die. Unless they're like Hitler, or something.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    The dude that played the joker.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I never understood why people cry over celebrity deaths. I feel bad for their family and friends, but I don't get it. If I wept over every celebrity that died I'd have no time on my hands. I was upset when I learned there'd be no more Crocodile Hunter though. Loved that show.

Obviously you have not formed a connection with an artist via their art.

I loved Michael Jackson. I feel connected to his songs. I'm not gonna listen to them and think of him and cry because I feel like we were BFFs.

You dont understand art. art and artist are inseparable. Kurt Kobain was who he was not because of his songs.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I never understood why people cry over celebrity deaths. I feel bad for their family and friends, but I don't get it. If I wept over every celebrity that died I'd have no time on my hands. I was upset when I learned there'd be no more Crocodile Hunter though. Loved that show.

I loved Michael Jackson. I feel connected to his songs. I'm not gonna listen to them and think of him and cry because I feel like we were BFFs.

Good for you. I don't think any of us do that either. I guess I don't know why you were compelled to come into a thread like this to let us all know how superior you are to the rest of us.
  • NormInv
    Options

Good for you. I don't think any of us do that either. I guess I don't know why you were compelled to come into a thread like this to let us all know how superior you are to the rest of us.

+1.
  • SonnyDelite99
    Options
    Billy Mays
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Oh, I'm sorry you lack reading comprehension. I didn't say I was superior. I even contributed a celebrity. I said I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT (did you get that? Maybe caps lock will help.) Now if someone could have explained it to me in a non *****y way, that would have been great. But then again, I should have paid more attention at whose thread this was and the fact that people read what they want, even if the words aren't there...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Dale Earnhardt.
  • NormInv
    Options

Oh, I'm sorry you lack reading comprehension. I didn't say I was superior. I even contributed a celebrity. I said I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT (did you get that? Maybe caps lock will help.) Now if someone could have explained it to me in a non *****y way, that would have been great. But then again, I should have paid more attention at whose thread this was and the fact that people read what they want, even if the words aren't there...

whatev sister! get out more
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    most recently, george jones. never got to see him in person
  • joie49
    joie49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    John Lennon, John Candy and Karen Carpenter.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

Um, issues?

X2stotM.gif
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    John Lennon, John Candy and Karen Carpenter.

Very interesting.
  • chocolate_totoro
    chocolate_totoro Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    has to be george harrison and john lennon... )':
    george2.jpg
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    8 - Socrates.
    He'll be unknown to most people here - captain of the Brazilian football team, back in the day. Was more of a surprise than anything else ...
  • NormInv
    Options
    I never knew John Lennon but I bet it was a mega shock when he died.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Brittany Murphy
    John Ritter
    Patrick Swayze
    Michael Duncan Clarke (Bear from Armageddon)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    For me, James Gandolfini is dead and I cant believe it.
    The Gandolfini family and I shared close mutual friends, so his death was a little too close to home per se. :\
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Agreed ^^
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MJ