Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options

Replies

• LadyWolf66
    LadyWolf66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Patrick Swayze
    Christopher Reeve
    Davy Jones
    Freddie Mercury
    Jim Henson
    Heath Ledger - that one was so unexpected.

I remember my mom being upset about Karen Carpenter.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Freddie Mercury. I was a teenager and was devastated.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Princess Diana's death because of the way London came together, I didn't feel the loss of her personally as I didn't know her personally but it was how everyone was effected by what happened
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    2 bother me the most.. John Candy and Robert Palmer the singer. Oh and all of the gibb brothers.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Corey Haim's death was a sad one. He was actually getting his *kitten* together, and then he got sick and died in almost the same way Brittany Murphy did.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    bernie mac's death threw me for a loop for some reason.

How did I not know (remember?) this?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I never understood why people cry over celebrity deaths. I feel bad for their family and friends, but I don't get it. If I wept over every celebrity that died I'd have no time on my hands. I was upset when I learned there'd be no more Crocodile Hunter though. Loved that show.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Fabio Casartelli as I was watching when he crashed
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've cried over one, but some cause more of a reminder of mortality than others.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Elvis Presley, first and foremost.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I never understood why people cry over celebrity deaths. I feel bad for their family and friends, but I don't get it. If I wept over every celebrity that died I'd have no time on my hands. I was upset when I learned there'd be no more Crocodile Hunter though. Loved that show.

Obviously you have not formed a connection with an artist via their art.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    John Lennon
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options

Oh yeah?? What if Matt Smith died?
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Princess Diana. The flowers on her coffin with "Mummy" still chokes me up.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Obviously you have not formed a connection with an artist via their art.

I loved Michael Jackson. I feel connected to his songs. I'm not gonna listen to them and think of him and cry because I feel like we were BFFs.
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Aaliyah
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Oh yeah?? What if Matt Smith died?

Okay? He's leaving anyway and the 50th Anniversary special has been filmed, sooo. I don't know the guy.
  • Billsfansj
    Billsfansj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Doink the Clown
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Harvey Korman.